Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Firsttimelongtime

Help With Acne Scarring

Hello, I’m looking into different options for treating acne scarring and I’m hoping to get help identifying what type of scarring I have and how severe it is and what type of treatment to follow. I’m thinking it’s mostly scarred pores with hyperpigmentation and a few boxcars, but I’m not sure how much of it is textural or whether it’s more complex.

I live in the Bay Area and I’m considering seeing Dr. Rullan, as is often recommended here. But I want to get an idea of what I need before reaching out to his office.

As a note, although I don’t get pimples very often anymore, I do believe I have mild popular rosacea because I get these small little bumps that quickly go down, but leave hyperpigmentation. I’m not sure if these small papules are creating additional scarring or not. Anyway, I believe I’m sensitive to hyperpigmentation and it’s probably negatively affecting the overall appearance of my scars. I don’t know if this makes me at risk for certain treatments.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

2226580C-A7AB-4C26-B65B-850273A4815E.jpeg

95B898BF-7211-4939-BE7C-FE9314F2E060.jpeg

3F2DCDD8-BD57-49B4-B053-128A0CD9AFAC.jpeg

B243E594-D66C-4E3C-B50D-161488B214D9.jpeg

3BF06116-83CF-4DAD-841C-10375F319EED.jpeg

7AE33D38-1418-4E50-88D8-C6E93DD13FB6.jpeg

05D3357E-D1A1-4827-8906-1EE417AFA0B1.jpeg

@froyosh

@beautifulambition replied to me via PM. He suggested a few sessions with Dr. Rullan (phenol CROSS, Subscision, etc.), 3 sessions of RF Microneedling, one session of 1927nm Fraxel 22 passes over cheeks (not fully sure what this is yet), and then finishing with either fully ablative erbium laser or a peel.

On 9/29/2019 at 3:43 PM, Firsttimelongtime said:

[This is a generic treatment plan given to most.] You probably don't need to put yourself through a phenol peel with the cost and and downtime and obviously side effects. 

[Mod edit by Control Panel: On behalf of dodgerguy, whose post might have been censored unfairly, I would like to inform @Firsttimelongtime about the treatment mentioned in the quote above not all possibly being a fit, but I don't know the exact details. I don't see a reason for this topic to have been locked, so I will unlock it so that dodgerguy can elaborate again. I apologize for the inconvenience.]

I don’t understand how BA is allowed to edit and hide posts by me and others. Nothing wrong with what I originally stated in my post above to have the first sentence removed. Kinda sad to see a moderator doing this.

On 10/1/2019 at 6:45 PM, dodgerguy said:

[This is a generic treatment plan given to most.] You probably don't need to put yourself through a phenol peel with the cost and and downtime and obviously side effects. 

[Mod edit by Control Panel: On behalf of dodgerguy, whose post might have been censored unfairly, I would like to inform @Firsttimelongtime about the treatment mentioned in the quote above not all possibly being a fit, but I don't know the exact details. I don't see a reason for this topic to have been locked, so I will unlock it so that dodgerguy can elaborate again. I apologize for the inconvenience.]

Thanks, Control Panel!