Notifications
Clear all

Still a lump from subcision after 4,5 months

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 06/23/2019 7:58 am

Hey guys. Last February I did a second subcision. I still have a lump on my cheek. I seems to be under the skin and it is not really raised above the skin. Should I be worried?

MemberMember
(@jellog)

Posted : 06/23/2019 8:07 am

Hey. I have this same lumpy feeling under my scar (although not visible, just the feeling) after I had subcision with a bit of Radiesse filler placed as a spacer done back in Jan. Did you have any filler placed for your subcision?

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 06/23/2019 8:34 am

26 minutes ago, JelloG said:

Hey. I have this same lumpy feeling under my scar (although not visible, just the feeling) after I had subcision with a bit of Radiesse filler placed as a spacer done back in Jan. Did you have any filler placed for your subcision?

I did :) Belotero.

MemberMember
(@jellog)

Posted : 06/23/2019 8:50 am

15 minutes ago, Noa27 said:

I did :) Belotero.

I see. Hm it's kinda worrying because I'm not sure if it's the filler or worse, more fibrosis that developed as a result of the treatment.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 06/23/2019 9:07 am

Today i begun to massage the area. Let's see if that does something.

MemberMember
(@simplemutton)

Posted : 06/23/2019 9:10 am

Did he use the Nokor needle? Lumps are common after the Nokor

When I had Nokor subicision with dr Chu I had a lump that laster for4-5 months

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 06/23/2019 9:33 am

22 minutes ago, SimpleMutton said:

Did he use the Nokor needle? Lumps are common after the Nokor

When I had Nokor subicision with dr Chu I had a lump that laster for4-5 months

No, he was using a cannula

MemberMember
(@jellog)

Posted : 06/23/2019 10:04 am

30 minutes ago, Noa27 said:

No, he was using a cannula

Dang mine was cannula as well. Were your scars lifted to surface level though? Mine are still indented despite the lumpy feeling beneath. So hence the concern plus disappointment.

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 06/23/2019 10:24 am

19 minutes ago, JelloG said:

Dang mine was cannula as well. Were your scars lifted to surface level though? Mine are still indented despite the lumpy feeling beneath. So hence the concern plus disappointment.

Who was your doc?

MemberMember
(@jellog)

Posted : 06/23/2019 10:43 am

18 minutes ago, Noa27 said:

Who was your doc?

I'm from Singapore so it's not a well known doc from this forum haha. Who was yours?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/23/2019 2:07 pm

@Noa27Thank you for being patient. I get over 100+ of the worst scar cases by email daily to help. I still have to respond to your PM and I think your for being patient. This is not even something to worry about.

You state it's under your skin, and not raised, ... why worry, it's natural filler. It will resolve with time, and if not it's filler, ... if it bugs you get a steriod shot, but then you could have atrophy depending on the skill of the practitioner.

Lumps are common after all subcision in certain patient populations. It's not a big deal. They resolve. IT could be there was not enough filler there so it tethered again, it could be fibrosis, it could be simply a hematoma. Not a big deal. I still would use Nokor on some patients if they only had a few scars or their scars were severe.

https://www.realself.com/question/beverly-hills-ca-tiny-hard-lumps-after-subcision-normal

Guys why is this worry session, if it bugs you have the practitioner inject it with over dilute steriod and break it up with his syringeneedle, if not you have natural filler so why is this a issue.

What can you do at home, massage it daily, and dermastamp it.