Notifications
Clear all

Acne scar after care

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 03/31/2019 3:34 pm

Hi. 5 days ago I had my first acne scar treatment session with Prof Tony Chu. I had his package treatment( PRP+Subcision+Dermapen+TCA Cross). Unfortunately I was not advised any after care products or anything about after care. I dont know if applying moisturiser is good or applying so much is bad? how many times a day I have to apply it? How many times a day I have to wash my face? Is using sunscreen good for me at this stage or not? Iuse Cetaphil face wash and I use Nivea cream as my moisturiser. My sunscreen is Malibu, its SPF 50. When I apply it into my face, my face becomes red and I dont know why.it contains Vitamin E and Aloe Vera I dont know if its good to use it or I have to use some other sunscreen. The other thing about my skin is that my skinitches. On day I can control my hands not to itch it but at night when Im sleeping I itch it and Im afraid this may effect the results because I touch my skin while Im asleep. Can you please recommend something that will stop itching?

I am looking forward to hear from you dear @beautifulambition

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 04/01/2019 5:42 am

Anyone?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/01/2019 8:24 am

@ReihaCan I please ask that you be patient. Look at my signature below each post. I help over 100 people a day, patience is necessary, will take me 24-hrs to respond to you, I have several other severe cases to help as well. Also can we not pull up old posts, these people are not around anymore, they are gone. Either they obtained sucess or they learned to live with their scars. Laser is not the solution"alone" to acne scar treatment and that seems to be the posts your picking.

Good treatment with Chu. Yes it's his standard treatment. He does not do aftercare, they often come here and ask me. I will paste a basic protocol below. Dr Emil may be a better solution for you. He offers aftercare, filler, laser, and is more into acne scar treatment. Chu while experienced is set in his ways and does not customize treatment. We have some other UK Dr's look in the main scar treatments main sub, find the FAQ, scroll to the bottom, practitioners.

Light Moisturizer is fine if it's for sensitive skin, basic ingredients, no exfolaints, no scrubbing, no harsh products. You must wear sunscreen.

You can wash your face the day after, ... no scrubbing, gently. Splash water, don't let the shower directly go on skin. You can apply moisturizer morning and night.

Those are fine products.

[Content removed]

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 04/01/2019 1:30 pm

Hi @beautifulambitionthank you for your time and advises given. I got a bit confused..So In conclusion the 3 most important things are Vitamin A skin turnover which is retinol, retinaldehyde orretinoid gels. So I have to apply them at night after moisturiser; right? So this one has no side effects?

The other is vitamin C serum which makes collagen, can I know the cream comes under what names? So this has to be applied during day? Or when? After moisturiser? How many times a day?

And the sunscreens name is Zinc Oxide physical for sensitive skin?

All of above gels and sunscreen are sold in pharmacies?

Once again thank you for your time and help. Can I know are you a dermatologist too?

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 04/01/2019 6:19 pm

@beautifulambition can you please post the pictures of the creams and the sunscreen that you have recommended? Because when I try to search for example retinol cream, it comes in different brand and packages.. and also the recomandations given by you will not have any side effects? And do you know why Prof Chu doesn™t give any after care products and all? 

Thank you! :) 

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 04/07/2019 4:27 pm

Dear @beautifulambition thank you for your time and info that you give. I appreciate It. Can you please  see the user @austra ˜s post ,  on her posts that I have attached,  she mentioned that some of her scars came back after few years post TCA cross treatment. So this means TCA cross treatment for acne scars don™t give permanent results? I thought TCA cross treatment is a method that the results after 3 months will be permanent..  on her another post she says 6 months after TCA cross you can™t measure true outcomes. Can you please say what do you think about TCA? Will it give permanent improvement for acne scars? (For Ice pick scars and box car scars..) 

I look forward to hear from you.

thank your for all your responses.

82DEF5F2-7DE0-4019-81AD-7C163ED7C032.png

B670B226-06E1-49A8-BD45-172D665DF860.png

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 04/07/2019 4:43 pm

@beautifulambitionmorever,since I had done the procedure by Prof Chu, (Dermapen+ Subcision, TCA and PRP) my scars lookbetter for some days and again they lookworse..again they lookbetter .. I get scared sometimes and wonder if its normal..

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/08/2019 9:47 am

@ReihaAnyone's scars can come back. I have not done a in detail analysis if your health, labs, etc... to come up with a prognosis. There is a thread called AMVC, they have scarring ongoing for the rest of their lives because of health issues. You also age, .... when you age you will get wrinkles, moles, fat loss, dropping. It's not productive to compare to someone else. Do you know every aspect about her... If you want to do nothing that is always a option if you feel your scars will come back. Some have taken this option and see a therapist and move on with their lives. Acne scar treatments are categorized as aesthetic, as such we are trying to give you cosmetic improvement, not fix everything about your situation. If you have major health issues it would be best to see your Dr for care of these conditions.

Your scars look"worse," because(a) this is healing you heal for 3 months, ... it's not instant.(b) it's a slow process, again and takes patience,(c) you experienced swelling which hides scarring after procedures. IF you like swelling go get filler in the area of concern for volume as it will do the same thing with"enough." I have heard Chu is not a good fit for some suffers as they don't get improvement with him, as such please go see Dr Emil in Denmark, or one of the other practitioners on the FAQ in the UK for a 2nd or 3rd opinion. Chu is stuck in his ways' and this way of treatment is not customized to your needs, but it is cheap and a start. Lastly acne scar work takes many many treatments, not once.

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 04/08/2019 3:06 pm

@beautifulambitionno I dont have any health issues.. and I know that when we age we lose collagen.. but does that mean that your scars thatweregone will appear again? I know some people who fixed their scars and they dont have visible scarring now .. so it will be very sad ifgone scarscome back ..

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/09/2019 9:49 am

@ReihaI think you are worrying about something that is not necessary. Either your treat scars or you don't. If you don't you still have the scars. I don't know how you will heal, that takes a test, and reoccurring scars. Get your acne under control and it won't reoccur, ... otherwise you state you have no health problems so why would scars come back. If you know"some" people who fixed their scars, why are you hesitating and asking this, obviously they fixed their scars. I cannot promise you anything. There is a sad fact in life, ... if we look for scars to come back and then we stress ourselves out and worry, and want them to get worse by concentrating on negativity, ... then they might come back. The positive way to think about this is I want to fix my scars and I am going to try my best to see if I can do this. I will accept the outcome if I give my best shot. This is why I mentioned therapy and dealing with internal scars, ... sadness/worry shows other issues that need to be dealt with internally as well.

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 04/09/2019 10:40 am

@beautifulambitionyes youre right.. I worry too much about the scars .. I dont have active acnes.. sometimes I get a few but its not something I would worry about.. its not serious now and its been 2-3 years that I dont have active acne problems.I used to takeroaccutane for 7-8 months and after that acne cleared. I still do blood testseveryfew months to check everything is fine with me because I used to takeroaccutane and test results is always fine.. sometimes I think worrying too much can bean outcome ofroaccutane. I have been to a nurse today and she was saying thatroaccutane effects go after 2-3 years and its your acne scars that you worry about now ..

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 05/01/2019 5:05 pm

Hi @beautifulambitionits been a month and 5 days since my TCA+Dermapen+Subcision+PRP treatment with Prof Chu. Initially I saw that my scars was worse but after 3 weeks to a monthmy scars were better, a bit shallower than before; but in the last 4-5 days I can see that the scars are again worse.. I dont know what is the reason. I go outside sometimes and I apply sunblock.. few days ago when I was out, even though I had sunblock but I was out from morning till afternoon and I was a bit red when I returned to home.. do you think the worsen of the scars is related to sun? Even though Iapply sunblock? I am worried about it .. and I dont know is it temporary or not..

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/02/2019 10:45 am

@ReihaYou may have a auto immune like condition which causes your to scar or you have not gotten your acne under control and there is a constant battle with your body. I would see a general practitioner about this and not Chu, reoccurring scarring. They can better determine your health concerns, do blood work, check hormone levels, and determine drug interactions. Sunblock does not prevent scars. I would see Dr Anil over Chu for your case, and ask him if there is someone better you should see for ongoing scarring that keeps reoccurring.

The reason is like me guessing here: could be the sun, hormones, bacteria, yeast, fungi, gut issues, fungal acne(google it) the food you eat, allergies, sensitivity to skincare products, auto immune condition, genetic, etc.....

See the AMVC post pinned at the top of the main scar treatments sub, this is a common complaint there.

You need many treatments for scars, ... go back and do another with Anil. Not just one. They can look worse before better as well as you heal or have sensitivities.

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 05/02/2019 12:13 pm

Hi @beautifulambitionthank you for your response. Auto Immune condition meanslow Immune system? My acne is minor and dr Chu also said acne is not a big problem for me. I will check my blood and hormone levels and drug interactions.

By dr Anil, do you mean dr Anil Budh Raja? Who works in Chiswick London?

I never heard about Fungal acne before but after I googled it, I think I have Fungal acne but not in my face; but in my arm parts. Do you think fungal acne on the arm can cause re-occurring of scar on my face?

I have been so much stressed recently, do you think it can be because of being emotionally down and stressed?

Is AMVC a problem that causes scars out of no where? If its a problem like that then Id say my scars become worse but they are not new scars..

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 05/02/2019 12:38 pm

I have never had any scars that appeared spontaneously.. but my scars they already existed, became aworse..

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 05/02/2019 4:01 pm

Do you thinkroaccutane can be the reason that my scars look worse now? I took roacutane for 7-8 months but it was 3 years ago..

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/03/2019 11:27 am

@ReihaNo idea, ... your telling me more scars are appearing, I can only go off what you tell me. Get the testing done and investigate further. Anil yes is his colleague, I actually like him better than Chu. Could be fungal, some have bacterial things or yeast thing going on and thus more scars. Stress can cause scars for sure. Yes AMVC can cause scars out of no where. Dr's know nothing about it, and there is not really a cure currently, but as you see many suffer from it.

Scars become worse, ... that is strange, please see Dr Anil and Dr H consults(see faq for his contact, bottom of that pinned to main sub), he is also in the UK. Perhaps the Dr' was not best for your condition. Some do not heal well or are overly sensitive and thus have reactions to treatment.

For sure, accutane can sometimes cause permanent problems in some people like poor healing.

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 05/03/2019 1:46 pm

@beautifulambitionI see.. but my scars are the scars that already existed.. so after the treatment they became worse then they became better and I feel like now they are worse again.. but its not definitely AMVC because its not new scars.. its the scars that were already there .. I actually wanted to go to Anil even for my first treatment but I noticed in his page that he takes before and after pictures of patients of other drs and adds his name on them and advertises them as if he has done their treatments! He has stolenDr lims patients picture also.. it was so weird only this is why I didnt go to him.. I thoughthe can lie easily.. he can fool me as a patient.. he has even written on his page that downtime for Subcision/ PRP/Dermapen/..is 12-24 hours only.. its a lie.. so Anil is Chus college?

about accurane I have been to a GP practitioner recently and she said effects of accurane goes after 2 years from your body.. and I was happy to hear that..

Thank you!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/04/2019 9:44 am

@ReihaI cannot say what your issue is at this point as the goalpost keeps changing. It's best to discuss this with the treating Dr. I know Chu does not do this. So please see for a second option Anil, Dr Emil Dernmark, or Dr H Consults, or Dr Hyro.... (forget name it's in the FAQ - sounds Japanese) in the UK. Consults would be better for you than guessing here, even if you have to pay, scar work is expensive - best to be sure you like the direction your going.

That is sad that Anil uses marketing of other pictures, ... lots of Dr's in Asia also do this. Anil treats in the same clinics as Chu, this has been for years. He just does more things than Chu - example"fillers."

Ok good you know about ongoing issues after Accutane. Best to see a general Derm and figure it out.

Reiha liked
MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 05/05/2019 9:31 pm

Dear@beautifulambitionthank you for your advices given;can I please ask you one different question? Do you know the fees of Dr Lim, when you go on his website is written in $ for example its written for Subcision $1290but I dont know if it is in Australian dollar or is it in US dollars..and I really want to know is it 1290 Australian dollars or 1290 US dollarsbecause theres so much difference in value of US dollars and Australian dollars..

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/06/2019 9:09 am

@ReihaHis fee's are on his website. He is a AUS Dr so it would be in AUS dollars.

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 05/06/2019 10:42 am

@beautifulambitionthank you;yes he's a AUS Dr but sometimes drs write their fees in globalcurrency.. USDis a global currency..

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 05/13/2019 3:19 am

Dear@beautifulambitionI met a GP practitioner today and asked about hormone level tests and she was not sure what blood test she has to give to me and then booked me in a fasting blood test which will cover sugar level, testosterone and few other things. Do you know in order to know hormone level, what shall we check exactly? Because I dont trust her and she was confused..

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)
MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 05/17/2019 9:26 am

Thank you @beautifulambitionyes she didnt know what tests should be done for checking hormone levels of the body..

do you know where does Dr Firas work? I tried to email and call him but no one responds.. I want to know in which clinics or hospital he works..

Dr Firas Alniami