Notifications
Clear all

Phenol across/Suction question

MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 03/02/2019 2:24 pm

Hey all I just had my 2nd round of subcision, cross, and microneedling. This time around my scabs from phenol cross are coming off rather quickly, I got the procedure on Thursday and its Saturday and 50% seems have fallen off, seems like after a shower tomorrow another 30/40% will be off, the first time around my scabs didnt fall off until day 5-6. Is there anything to be concerned about here, may cause more hyperpigmentation? Also a quick question for suctioning after the scabs falls off, do you have to bruise in order for suctioning to be effective or can you lightly suction where your face just becomesslightly red? Thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/03/2019 9:01 am

@49ersFanI would not worry about it as long as you did not speed up their falling off. I would never for instance put the shower directly on the scabs till they healed naturally. Instead choosing to splash water - not go under the shower. Anything can cause hyperpigmentation, ... wear sunscreen! Hopefully you prepped ahead of time with a tretinorin or retin-a.

Do not suction your scab areas as they are still fresh it sounds like and need some more healing, if you must very light pressure. No one does not have to bruise, you can control the suction amount, ... yes many do bruise but it's not necessary and hard handed often with those controlling the amount (do half pumps if needed). IF there are any lumps or excessive bruising stop immediately and let it heal, then start when it has gone down. Typically it is done for a month, post.

[Content removed]

49ersFan liked
MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 03/07/2019 10:21 am

@beautifulambitionthank you so much for taking time out of your day to respond to me. I really appreciate it.

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 06/17/2019 2:27 pm

how did your scars respond to the treatement?