Notifications
Clear all

Subcision treatment (Rullan vs Novick vs Other)

MemberMember
(@tastefultext)

Posted : 12/14/2018 12:03 pm

I live in Massachusetts. I have had scars for years, I am in my early 20s. These scars are severe and can be seen several feet away. I am a woman if this helps paint the picture. I am so insecure about this. I feel like no one could ever love me or find me attractive. I dont want anyone looking at me, even my boyfriend. I was on accutane and ended last August so I know I have to wait till then. I have a lot of boxcar scars, some are shallower than others, but overall theyre very deep. I have about 30+ and they are concentrated on my cheeks.

Im a college student and dont have a ton of money. I know I will require several treatments but based off my research I should start with subcision. My gut is telling me Novick will do the best and wont really make anything worse. Ive seen some stuff about Rullan being too aggressive and it causing problems. He also apparently isnt good at filler and based off what Ive read I think that it an important part of the treatment. Basically I want a good treatment but I dont think I can afford $2000 for 5 scars, especially if I will be needing several treatments. I was hoping there would be anyone who is good like Novick close by that is skilled and yields great results with a less aggressive approach. Also if anyone can link me to any sources of other peoples experience that would be very appreciated.

I can see the area is getting more rolling so I think I should treat this ASAP before it gets worse. Im also assuming I will need a field subcision.

MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 12/14/2018 2:18 pm

I live on the east coast and are about a few hours away from Novick but choose to go with Dr Rullan instead. I was looking into Novick but the consultation alone is $350 and based on everything I read it would be cheaper to fly out to Dr Rullan including the flight and possibly hotel (I flew in and out on the same day, it was hell lol)then it would be to get a procedure done from Novick. Dr Rullans subcision is aggressive but based on my experience less aggressive treatments usually don't yield great results, and he is an expert in the field so you can trust him. My downtime was two weeks, but the last week was just bruising which I could have covered up had I worn make up (I'm a guy) so it may be easier for a girl to cover up. Also if you are worried, you can always ask him to be less aggressive, remember you are paying him so he will do what you want. Just my two cents.

Also maybe consider Dr Weiner in FL as well, since you stated you had mostly boxcar scars, I've readInfini RF is good for treating those types of scars and he is an expert in RF.

MemberMember
(@uptownoryx)

Posted : 12/14/2018 2:39 pm

17 minutes ago, 49ersFan said:

I read it would be cheaper to fly out to Dr Rullan including the flight and possibly hotel (I flew in and out on the same day, it was hell lol)

Christ, I can't even imagine. Were you not bleeding through your bandages on the plane? My flight back was around 18hrs after and even then I had some spots of bleedingwhen I shifted my head at the wrong angle. I brought a lot ofpaper towels in my carry on because I didn't want to get any blood on the dang plane haha

MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 12/14/2018 4:00 pm

@UptownOryxhaha yeah it was bad, I am not looking forward to the two other trips I have to make out there, good thing is my girlfriend is coming next time so we are going to make a trip out of it and just get the procedure done on the day we leave. Yeah I was bloodied but not bleeding, he had band aids on top of the entry points, although while waiting for the flight I did get a bloody nose which lasted about 20 minutes, soooo random haha. I looked terrible though because I scabbed up immediately and my face wasblown up like a chimpmunk.

MemberMember
(@tastefultext)

Posted : 12/14/2018 10:21 pm

@49ersFanwhat exactly is the difference between agressive and not? Havent been able to find anything on that. It is mostly box cars but I look at pics from 2 years ago vs now and I can see how it is getting to be rolling around the boxcars which makes it look worse. Im assuming Ill need a combo of things. Do you have any progress photos of your treatment??

MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 12/15/2018 5:32 am

@TastefulTextNot sure not a doctor but Im assuming the type of needle or maybe you can get a few scars subsided instead of your whole face to see how you react, I would talk to the office first and express your concerns and go from there. No pics yet its only been two weeks and I heard microswelling can last a month so will take pics then but if results hold up its at least 35% better.

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 12/15/2018 6:25 pm

On 12/14/2018 at 3:00 PM, 49ersFan said:

@UptownOryxhaha yeah it was bad, I am not looking forward to the two other trips I have to make out there, good thing is my girlfriend is coming next time so we are going to make a trip out of it and just get the procedure done on the day we leave. Yeah I was bloodied but not bleeding, he had band aids on top of the entry points, although while waiting for the flight I did get a bloody nose which lasted about 20 minutes, soooo random haha. I looked terrible though because I scabbed up immediately and my face wasblown up like a chimpmunk.

I had similar experience, but the point of entry for subcision was oozing blood for half the flight. I also felt some of the liquid he pumped going to the left side of my neck and it was somewhat painful during landing. I'm not sure if this was an one off experience.

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 12/15/2018 7:08 pm

On 12/14/2018 at 1:00 PM, 49ersFan said:

My god I dunno how you are able to fly in and out on the same day. I would be sooo embarrassed with the bruising and scabs!!! Major props to you!!!

I made the sameday drive from LA and Im so thankful that my cars windows are tinted so no one could see my horrible face, even on the road!! It was so swollen.

MemberMember
(@uptownoryx)

Posted : 12/16/2018 3:12 pm

On 12/15/2018 at 4:32 AM, 49ersFan said:

@TastefulTextNot sure not a doctor but Im assuming the type of needle or maybe you can get a few scars subsided instead of your whole face to see how you react, I would talk to the office first and express your concerns and go from there. No pics yet its only been two weeks and I heard microswelling can last a month so will take pics then but if results hold up its at least 35% better.

20 hours ago, gynoscar said:

I had similar experience, but the point of entry for subcision was oozing blood for half the flight. I also felt some of the liquid he pumped going to the left side of my neck and it was somewhat painful during landing. I'm not sure if this was an one off experience.

20 hours ago, cautiouslyhopeful said:

My god I dunno how you are able to fly in and out on the same day. I would be sooo embarrassed with the bruising and scabs!!! Major props to you!!!

I made the sameday drive from LA and Im so thankful that my cars windows are tinted so no one could see my horrible face, even on the road!! It was so swollen.

How many days after the treatment did you guys start suctioning (if you did)? How painful was suctioningforthe first time?

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 12/16/2018 4:46 pm

You can start suctioning as soon as the most scabs have fallen, so started about day 6or so, give or take one or two days.

No it didnt hurt.

MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 12/16/2018 11:42 pm

I was going to suction but was brushed for the first week and had to get back to work so couldnt afford to self inflict more bruises I just didnt have the time off for it.