Notifications
Clear all

Old Acne Scars - Treatment plan recommendations (41 Male)

MemberMember
(@ottox)

Posted : 03/13/2018 11:12 am

I went on Accutane about 10 years ago which pretty much eradicated my acne. I have scars on my

temples that I would like to improve. I believe my scars are a mix of box scar and rolling scar. I use

Retin-A every other night, but would appreciate any feedback that could improve my scars.

* The below pictures taken 3/10/18 at different angles

acne1.jpg

acne2.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/13/2018 12:13 pm

Hi @Ottox

You have mainly rolling scars and some box cars your are right. The best treatment we have seen for the temples is subcision w/ filler and rf microneedling.

1) Subcision, you need 4of these and you will need filler.
2) RF Microneedling 4sessions of this. You space these 3 months apart between your filler sessions with subcision when it runs out.
3)You will need peels for texture. Do several TCA peels or a fully sedated deep peel for more drastic results and more down time. A alternative to this is fully ablative erbium resurfacing.

Look at the FAQ below: Subcision Section, Microneedling Section, Peels Section.

[Removed media]

MemberMember
(@insearch)

Posted : 03/13/2018 4:18 pm

On 3/13/2018 at 1:13 PM, beautifulambition said:

Hi @Ottox

You have mainly rolling scars and some box cars your are right. The best treatment we have seen for the temples is subcision w/ filler and rf microneedling.

1) Subcision, you need 3 of these and you will need filler.
2) RF Microneedling 3 sessions of this. You space these 3 months apart between your filler sessions with subcision when it runs out.
3)You will need peels for texture. Do several TCA peels or a fully sedated deep peel for more drastic results and more down time. A alternative to this is fully ablative erbium resurfacing.

[Media removed]

Nano fat graft or HA as a filler?

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 03/14/2018 4:30 am

I have the same exact scars more or less in similar spots. I plan on doing subcision + filler a few times and will probably do infini rf either worked in between or afterwards. I'd say you are looking at very good improvement if you go this route. I will probably do some tca peels in between/after as well just to smoothen things out.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/14/2018 4:34 am

@InsearchAlways HA Filler to start with. Fat is not where you start. If you need a more permanent solution that can be considered down the road but it has mixed reviews of satisfaction.

MemberMember
(@ottox)

Posted : 03/14/2018 11:19 am

On 3/13/2018 at 1:13 PM, beautifulambition said:

Hi @Ottox

1) Subcision, you need 3 of these and you will need filler.
2) RF Microneedling 3 sessions of this. You space these 3 months apart between your filler sessions with subcision when it runs out.

[Media removed]

Thanks for all the great advice. I have a consultation with Dr. John Burns next month in Dallas. A member of his staff sent me a email outlining all the different treatment options for acne scarring ex. Subcision, PRP, Dermapen, and BellaFill.