Notifications
Clear all

Chin Only Cyst Acne

MemberMember
(@kalesalad)

Posted : 12/06/2017 2:42 pm

Hi everyone. I was wondering if there is anyone here who experiences similar condition. 

I am 24 y.o. and about a  year ago I developed cyst acne. The thing is, I have only one or two cysts and they always appear only on my chin. I also developed milia that grows into acne sometimes. It is also only on my chin. :@ The rest of my skin is perfectly fine and always was fine, hence my enormous frustraition with my new 'friend' cyst acne.
It all started a year ago when I foolishly mistreated  a regular pimple on my chin (overdryed, picked million times and then it just never went away). Maybe it worth mentioning that I moved to the States a year ago as well, however, chin acne started to appear one-two months after the moving.
I have been eating salads every day, fruits, lemon water in the morning, I cut off dairy too (not 100% , I have milk chocolate sometimes). I use all sorts of products too:
dermalogica cleanser for with salicylic acid,
dermalogica daily microexfoliant,
neutrogena blue light therapy mask,
renee rouleau anty-cyst spot treatment (the only thing that seems working),
renee rouleau detoxifying mask .
Of course I always use spf (CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30) and cetafil mousture cream, and I get facials almost every month. And obviously cyst acne on my chin doesn't give a damn about any of the healthy stuff I am doing. Last time I got two nasty cysts right on my birthday, I am so desperate I can't even articulate it. 

Anyone has similar situation here? Usually I see posts about severe acne which is not the case here. What is the next step? I just can't beleive I have it. I am 24 and I have never ever had anything like that in my life.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/06/2017 2:52 pm

Get an oral anti biotic course from your dr and see what happens.
:)

MemberMember
(@99f)

Posted : 12/07/2017 2:22 am

Please try applying tea tree oil mixed 50:50 with isopropyl alcohol to the affected area once or twice daily for several days and let us know of the results. This might be a burrowing pattern although I am not certain.

MemberMember
(@kalesalad)

Posted : 12/07/2017 8:32 am

6 hours ago, 99f said:

Please try applying tea tree oil mixed 50:50 with isopropyl alcohol to the affected area once or twice daily for several days and let us know of the results. This might be a burrowing pattern although I am not certain.

I think it would overdry my skin pretty bad. Its already flaky even though I always apply a cream after using anti cyst treatment mentioned before

MemberMember
(@99f)

Posted : 12/07/2017 12:55 pm

4 hours ago, kalesalad said:
10 hours ago, 99f said:

I think it would overdry my skin pretty bad. Its already flaky even though I always apply a cream after using anti cyst treatment mentioned before

The isopropyl alcohol is indeed drying, you can instead apply the TTO straight or diluted with water

MemberMember
(@kalesalad)

Posted : 12/28/2017 2:02 pm

upd:

I went to physician and he prescribed clindamycin gel 1% . I have been using it for 2-3 weeks, and I am not sure if it helps preventing new cysts from appearing, but it definitely helps a lot by fighting the existing ones. I ams till going to schedule derm appointment soon, and see what s/he says.

MemberMember
(@depressedwithmyface)

Posted : 12/28/2017 2:12 pm

Milia usually are closed comedones with sebum enclosed. When P.Acnes bacteria acts on closed comedones they form into papules and cysts. Clindamycin is a topical antibiotic and it stops bacteria to act upon sebum and hence prevents cysts and pimples.
But the thing is clindamycin alone cant prevent bacteria from acting on sebum. You need oral antibiotics ( like doxycycline) that kill the bacteria.
Tell your derm that you have small closed comedones which later become pimples and hopefully he will prescribe you oral antibiotic.

MemberMember
(@kalesalad)

Posted : 12/30/2017 11:27 am

On 28.12.2017 at 2:12 PM, Depressedwithmyface said:

Milia usually are closed comedones with sebum enclosed. When P.Acnes bacteria acts on closed comedones they form into papules and cysts. Clindamycin is a topical antibiotic and it stops bacteria to act upon sebum and hence prevents cysts and pimples.
But the thing is clindamycin alone cant prevent bacteria from acting on sebum. You need oral antibiotics ( like doxycycline) that kill the bacteria.
Tell your derm that you have small closed comedones which later become pimples and hopefully he will prescribe you oral antibiotic.

thanks for the advice! Really looking forward to my appointment