Notifications
Clear all

Do Derma Rollers work?

MemberMember
(@hnqee)

Posted : 12/02/2017 8:02 am

Hi folks!

Today I came across Derma Rollers when reseraching about treatments that could treat my acne scars. So my question is, do DermaRollers work? Could someone explain why it works and what's the difference with the length of the needles? Any personal experiences? Please share!

Regards

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/02/2017 9:09 am

Would suggest stamp before dermaroller,dermaroller gave me scar and texture issues.
:)

MemberMember
(@ailaeshiz)

Posted : 12/03/2017 1:44 pm

They work on stretch marks. Not so much on acne scarring, unless it's really superficial.

MemberMember
(@petsme)

Posted : 12/03/2017 3:00 pm

dermastamps at 1.5mm length and above will help scarring, but it takes a longggg time if you're only doing microneedling.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/03/2017 5:01 pm

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/03/2017 5:25 pm

Rollers are outdated, they create microtears troughs of tears, Do stamps as stated above. Only thing rollers are good for are the body, Miconeedling does work for superficial scarring, it takes a long time. YOU MUST do it with acid peels (TCA) or it will simply be for maintenance not treatment. They work synergesically. Now to what Serius said, ... yes tethered pits and fat deficiency it does nothing for unless it's very superficial and not deep. They are a excellent way to do drug and skin actives delivery and this is a great way to use them you only need .5mm for this.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 12/03/2017 10:48 pm

@Sirius Lee I know you have had good results with infini. I've been looking at it recently and I think it could significantly improve my scars. If you don't mind me asking where did you have the procedure done? Was it expensive?

Right now I'm finishing up saving some money to go see Novick but would love to work some infini in as well.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/04/2017 2:02 am

MemberMember
(@bollundus)

Posted : 12/04/2017 9:14 am

Hello Lee,
wich kind of fillers do you mean?

@BA...you promote always the Derminator...not anymore for medium Scars?
I use the Derminator now for one year, also two Treatments with Sculptra in a Year. I see Improvement, but where I can get Infini in Germany?

Thank you

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/04/2017 9:30 am

@BollundusWant to clarify, I do not get money to promote any company or Dr. I just try to help people. I purchased my own Derminator. The reason I recommend the derminator is it's something most people can do at home DIY, lots of people cannot afford major treatments at Drs and need solutions. It's great for skin upkeep, I would never purchase this service at a DR's. Also you can do multiple lengths, use it for various purposes like product penetration and it's built well unlike Chinese "Dermapens." If something better comes out tomorrow well recommend that. I think it's great for what it does but does absolutely (very little) by itself without TCA peels. They work together if done in progression. Now there are many tools and everyone has various scar types. So to your question... yes do Intracel. Intracel again was the original RF microneedling device and is still a great machine. Infini just has a larger marketing budget and is popular name wise in the states. Intracel should stimulate further the Sculptra, but it takes time, make sure you wait 3 months between treatments, collagen is slow to develop.

MemberMember
(@bollundus)

Posted : 12/04/2017 9:40 am

Thank you so much BA.
I will get an appointment. The Sculptratherapy will also go on. And I will use the Derminator. I think, it is a great device and help a little.
But what I don't understand, there are plenty of good reviews of derma rolling on pubmed. This is a med (not mad 😉 )-science-platform, and pretty serious.

regards

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 12/04/2017 9:52 am

@BollundusPubmed, ... yes be very careful lots of manufactures pay for these studies (aka microneedling), also universities are paid for these bogus new miracle drugs and creams, or, outdated research, it can be done at home so it is highly studied, and can be used for all sorts of purposes ... people are now using it with Rogaine for product penetration, some do their vitamin c serum this way or we spoke on that article for stem cells you sent, etc. When you do RF microneedling this is the next level as it uses energy. For some they do not need this, as they have very very minor scarring. It's all individualized to the scar type and person's $$$$ situation. But luckily in Germany it's cheap.

The best method with pub med is look for success in a place like here where it's beyond a study "trying" to approve something and actually giving results. Like most "white papers" and thesis's it's really a unproven idea in real life they have tried to put forth. They often hide little facts (filler used, or other devices) from the study or do tricks to make it work a certain way. Research is hard ... must have multiple sources.

Cheers

Bollundus liked
MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 12/04/2017 11:29 am

9 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:
I'll send you the PM about the specifics.

With that said, I don't think anyone is shocked anymore to hear that Infini is wayyyyyy overpriced. I paid nearly $3k for 3 treatments. I've done my research for number of years before jumping on the treatment bandwagon this year, and I came to the conclusion that Infini is the way to go for mild-to-medium boxcars. Needless to say, I think I came away with a fairly good result. I don't know whether I would have gotten the same outcome from subcision, which I did try at home in the past using diabetic needles. That yielded nearly next to nothing in terms of improvement. I came to the conclusion that subcision doesn't help much for mild-to-medium pits.

So if you have a mild/medium scar, I would inject filler first and get Infini about a week later. Believe it or not, fillers are reported to actually help stimulate collagen production.

Appreciate it a lot. I replied to your message in my inbox but this is VERY informative for me. Kind of sucks the price is high but at this point all I want are results. I'm thinking 2 x subcision + filler then find a place to do 3 infini sessions. It really blows that this shit costs so much. I probably have like 6-7k to drop. At this point I'd probably pay like 10k just to have 70%.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/04/2017 5:03 pm

MemberMember
(@fov1b7lynd)

Posted : 01/28/2018 2:41 pm

@BollundusFrom googling, you can found that bothProf. Dr. med. Michael DrosnerandDr. med. Claus Nuchelhave Infini. There are may be more, but my German is bad. I mean, even in my small city, there are several clinic which offer subscion, rf-microneedling, etc.

MemberMember
(@fov1b7lynd)

Posted : 01/28/2018 9:37 pm

Who had success withDr. Hans-Ulrich Voigt?