Notifications
Clear all

Pimple turned dark..!

MemberMember
(@anindividual)

Posted : 11/12/2017 8:04 pm

...Im new here and I really need help with this issue...I have a date in two days and a trip coming up this Friday and the worst thing just happened, I woke up this morning and looked into the mirror to see the pimple I have on my cheek had turned dark (image: [Edited link out]) what should I do to bring it down?

Heres more details about my situation -
Skin type: oily

Routine: I use a sebamed cleanser, toner and clear gel, as well as a cetaphil moisturizer once a day. Ive been on this routine (excluding the moisturizer which Ive only started using after moving here) for a year or so.

Recent changes: I didnt have any breakouts until 2 months after I moved to Canada from a humid and warm climate country. Recently it started getting colder too as winter is approaching. I believe its also likely because I havent been drinking much water and been sleeping lesser due to work.

The breakouts in general werent too bad, some small whiteheads here and there but I had one big pimple on my cheek for about a week. I didnt pop it because I didnt want to scar it but I did occasionally scratch it (I have real bad skincare habits Im sorry...). I think the pimple turned bad when I was asleep last night because I slept really late and had a drink or two. In addition, I have a sleeping pillow I always cuddle with and I dont frequently change its pillow case (I know I should but Im attached to it...)

What should I do? Are there any home remedies that work or would applying bp be recommended? Id prefer not to see any dermatologist if possible because Im new to the place Im living and I dont have the money for that...

Thank you very much...

MemberMember
(@tania-crowe)

Posted : 11/12/2017 11:02 pm

Don't scratch it. You might aggravate the skin and new pimples can arise from it. Scratching will only lead to further irritation of the acne.
You might be spreading the bacteria from your hand to other parts of the face or any other part of the body and the acne might spread. Yes, you can try bp

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/13/2017 3:24 am

This will sound crazy but sometimes those insane ideas are the best. Well, what do you have to lose?

Mayonnaise and Coffee Mask

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 12/13/2017 3:02 am

@anindividual I guess I'm too late for this.lol How was your date? :)