Notifications
Clear all

Birth control / antibiotic problem?

MemberMember
(@mew175)

Posted : 11/01/2017 9:20 pm

So I™ve been taking a generic form of yaz birth control continuously (meaning I take only active pills to not get a period) for a few months, and my skin has been unbelievably clear after a long struggle. Recently I had to take an antibiotic for a UTI. The antibiotic interfered with my birth control and decreased its effectiveness, which I knew because I started bleeding and continued to bleed for almost a week and  half. This was about three weeks ago. Since the antibiotic and the bleeding, I have been breaking out again far worse than I am used to, mostly on my chin and the sides of my face. This leads me to believe it is mostly hormonal acne my hormones must still be off from the antibiotic problem. I am still following my regular, rigorous skincare regimen and it does not seem to be helping.  Has anyone been through this and have any advice on how to stop it/when it might go back to normal? I™ll appreciate anything :) 

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 11/01/2017 10:10 pm

I would expect, as long as you have now stopped the antibiotic, your skin will start to heal and Yasmin will kick back in and you will see big improvement in next 4 -6 weeks . Good luck.