Notifications
Clear all

How do you properly use a derma stamp?

MemberMember
(@comfycozy2)

Posted : 08/23/2017 6:06 pm

Hi all, I've been using my .5 roller 1-2 times a week for a couple of months. It's really improved a lot of issues caused by barrier damage (my skin routine helped too). My scarring is looking better and my texture is improving. I want to use a 1.5 stamp every six weeks instead of the roller because it seems a lot easier, and I want to go for more textural improvement. I have to say that rolling takes me a long time, and I'm super busy this semester with constant school and a new job.

I can't find any info on how many times you're supposed to stamp each spot on your entire face, and the best stamping technique. I'll be using L ascorbic acid quickly mixed in water afterwards, and then a vitamin e cream. Would love any suggestions you all have

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/24/2017 7:27 am

There is no definite amount of stamping to do on each spot. One person it does nothing to and the other it makes hamburger meat. IF you have no time I would suggest getting a derminator you can put the dot com for the website. It's mechanical so its quicker and you can do any length you need. It also has less discomfort. As a rule of thumb stamp to cover the spot but not over and over in the same area, you are trying to make different channels. For instance move it around the border and rotate it etc. With a manual dermastamp I would say 5-15 times depending on what you can handle. You can make worse scarring if you go to crazy or are sensitive so test it out and see how you heal and go with that, you can always do more the next time on the areas. Suggestions are to use pure HA serum (as few things as possible) before and after you stamp, after the wounds are closed 12 to 24 hrs you can put your other serums on like vit c, etc. There are also videos on youtube if that helps you more.