Notifications
Clear all

10 day late period on Roaccutane?

MemberMember
(@kiwi01)

Posted : 08/20/2017 7:01 am

I'm 16 and this is my second round of roaccutane, the last time I was on it I was 13 but all my acne came back after about 6 months, I'm on a higher dose now. I didn't start birth control yet as when the dermatologist prescribed me, he said to start off with the roaccutane and wait until I get my period to start the pill. But my period was due ten days ago and there's no signs or symptoms of it coming.. it's never usually this late, has this happened anybody else? It didn't happen me when I was 13. I'm also getting chronic lower back pain if that has anything to do with it , I have scoliosis but my back is never usually this sore

MemberMember
(@abi72)

Posted : 08/20/2017 4:19 pm

9 hours ago, Kiwi01 said:

I'm 16 and this is my second round of roaccutane, the last time I was on it I was 13 but all my acne came back after about 6 months, I'm on a higher dose now. I didn't start birth control yet as when the dermatologist prescribed me, he said to start off with the roaccutane and wait until I get my period to start the pill. But my period was due ten days ago and there's no signs or symptoms of it coming.. it's never usually this late, has this happened anybody else? It didn't happen me when I was 13. I'm also getting chronic lower back pain if that has anything to do with it , I have scoliosis but my back is never usually this sore

Please, please syop this madness.
Your body is telling you how bad this drug is.
It is likely this this drug may ruin you reproductive health permanently.

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 08/20/2017 7:14 pm

My first question is are you sexually active and if so, that is concern for pregnancy. Also, it is a listed side effect that accutane can cause irregular periods. As for you back, you already have bone problems, in which Accutane is highly known for the effects on bones. It could be intensifyingyour existing condition or make it worse.

MemberMember
(@gladiatoro)

Posted : 08/21/2017 8:57 am

Isotretinoin for a lot of men is chemical castration. They should have just givenus battery acid. I think it might have had the same effect. I would say if you go on a normal round of 6 months your chances of never having sex again are pretty high. All this for a few red spots insane.

MemberMember
(@macleod)

Posted : 08/21/2017 9:44 am

Ok, this is a young girls thread. Let's take a step back. She has an irregular issue that she needs to address with her MD. That's it.

MemberMember
(@kiwi01)

Posted : 08/21/2017 9:59 am

I got a pregnancy test in the doctors about a week or two ago and it came up negative so im not. I'll be getting another one in two weeks but I just think it's irregular period, my periods usually quite irregular it always has been but I'm really anxious for it to come because the pill will control my hormones etc. I'm having absolutely no symptoms still, it's 11 days late

MemberMember
(@gladiatoro)

Posted : 08/21/2017 11:59 am

2 hours ago, macleod said:

Ok, this is a young girls thread. Let's take a step back. She has an irregular issue that she needs to address with her MD. That's it.

Opps sorry wrong thread.

macleod liked