Notifications
Clear all

1 month left of accutane and still breaking out!

MemberMember
(@sosafan)

Posted : 08/21/2017 10:46 pm

im on a 5 months perscription, going into my 4th this september and im still breaking, my skin has never been this bad in years, my eyes are always red, my lips are dry as a desert, my nose is always stuffed and dry, i started on 40mg moved to 60mgand been taking 80mg for the past 2 weeks. Im 175 pounds and a male. Should i excpect to suddenly get clear skin in the last month? This is so frustrating everyone i see at school and at the gym hasclear normal skin ive been constantly breaking out since grade 6!!! Ive always wanted to know how i look with clear skin ive never seen my face clear since grade 6.

MemberMember
(@thomas-deven)

Posted : 08/29/2017 4:49 am

may be due to the increased dose, if you are not happy ask your derm to continue for another few months until you are clear.

MemberMember
(@juwalker)

Posted : 08/29/2017 5:44 am

We are not that far on yet. End of month 2. Still breaking out. Have read lots of blogs though and not uncommon to be breaking out at your stage. All the blogs say how tough it is symptom wise, just as you say. Agree with Thomas Devon re asking derm. You have come so far now. Well done and keep strong and positive!! All the very best. Please keep posting.

MemberMember
(@scarright)

Posted : 09/01/2017 2:39 am

Some people may need to do more than one course of Accutane. Speak to your dermatologist about your next option. You never know, the last month may be the month that it clears. I think I even read it can still continue to work after treatment stops, hence why you should have a break between courses. I am sure your dermatoligist is very experience and knows what he/she is doing.

Juwalker liked