Notifications
Clear all

Results after 1 session of Fraxel

MemberMember
(@poole1989)

Posted : 03/19/2017 10:16 am

Hey guys,

I wanted to share what I consider to be really positive results after just a single session of Fraxel (I've purchased a total of three). I hope it helps anyone who might be considering this treatment. 

I have a mix of scar types, as you'll see in the before photo; I'm really pleased with the improvement so far and hope for more in subsequent sessions. 

I had the first treatment two days ago. 

I'd appreciate any feedback or advice you guys may have. 

P

(before and after)IMG_0428.PNGIMG_0429.PNG

MemberMember
(@dandytsunami)

Posted : 03/19/2017 11:23 am

1 hour ago, poole1989 said:

Hey guys,

I wanted to share what I consider to be really positive results after just a single session of Fraxel (I've purchased a total of three). I hope it helps anyone who might be considering this treatment. 

I have a mix of scar types, as you'll see in the before photo; I'm really pleased with the improvement so far and hope for more in subsequent sessions. 

I had the first treatment two days ago. 

I'd appreciate any feedback or advice you guys may have. 

P

(before and after)IMG_0428.PNGIMG_0429.PNG

Wow you bascially look 95% clear GRATZZ 

MemberMember
(@guardian10)

Posted : 03/19/2017 2:25 pm

Nice results. What was the down time like, and where did you go to get the treatment done?

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 03/19/2017 2:48 pm

After two days this is just microswelling. It takes a couple months to see the full results.

MemberMember
(@poole1989)

Posted : 03/19/2017 3:40 pm

Thanks for the comments folks.

Guardian10 - I had it at a clinic in London. Are you based in the UK? If so, feel free to PM me if you'd like the details.

I reckon the downtime will be minimal (2-3 days at most).

I'll be sure to post updates when I have them.

MemberMember
(@waterfountain)

Posted : 03/19/2017 9:03 pm

You got much better results than I did with 2 Fraxel treatments. The improvement is amazing! Whoever treated you, keep him as a doctor.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 03/19/2017 10:34 pm

I agree with Quan, he has had several fraxels, this could be microswelling. This is the most enjoyable thing for a acne scar suffer, that natural filler after a procedure. Tell us how it went in a few months, often the edema goes away eventually. Same thing happens with microneedling, but it does stimulate a little collagen. We used to have a member (Dudley) that maxed our the fraxel repair CO2 (they overdrove power), once a year he would get done, so that's more than just 1 ;-P

Anything instant besides filler isn't a instant fix.

MemberMember
(@quanhenry)

Posted : 03/19/2017 10:57 pm

BTW Im not saying their wont be improvement. There should be, but the skin will shrink back down to normal size over the next couple months.

MemberMember
(@poole1989)

Posted : 03/20/2017 5:38 am

Fingers crossed it's longlasting - I'll let you guys know how it goes.

MemberMember
(@hope01)

Posted : 03/20/2017 7:27 am

1 hour ago, poole1989 said:

Fingers crossed it's longlasting - I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Who's your docter ? I am also from the uk

MemberMember
(@poole1989)

Posted : 03/22/2017 2:21 pm

This is the other side of my face, now 6 days post Fraxel. Most of the redness has gone now and skin is feeling pretty good! The recovery was much easier than I'd expected to be honest. 

Due another session in mid-April so will post a few more updates then.

Hope01, send me a PM if you'd like the details. 

IMG_0511.PNG

IMG_0514.PNG

MemberMember
(@adam128)

Posted : 04/16/2017 12:10 am

your scars will revert back to exactly the way it was. sorry bud, but that is just the way things go with lasers. don't bother sharing the doc details so prematurely. give it a good 2-3 months before judging your results.

MemberMember
(@tomwaits)

Posted : 04/16/2017 3:14 pm

15 hours ago, Adam128 said:

your scars will revert back to exactly the way it was. sorry bud, but that is just the way things go with lasers. don't bother sharing the doc details so prematurely. give it a good 2-3 months before judging your results.

damn how about needling

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/17/2017 1:55 am

@tomwaits please do not listen to advice without researching. Differentscars need differenttreatments. Please see my below FAQ in the signature. For many people they are helped by microneedling and tca peels alternating for a year or two. Atrophic tethered scars are helped with subcision and filler. There are treatments, ... the below poster was posting days after laser, and saying his swelling made him cured, we realistically said you get a percentage of improvement, and healing takes months. Laser after one procedure, will do nothing.

tomwaits liked
MemberMember
(@poole1989)

Posted : 04/20/2017 2:48 pm

Hey guys,

Thought I'd post another update. I had session two of Fraxel 10 days ago. The doctor ramped up the energy levels as I'd tolerated the first session well. 

Downtime was still fairly minimal. The swelling came down after a couple of days and there's only a bit of residual redness. 

Going to to delay my third and final session until after the summer, but will post some more updates closer to the time so give an idea of any long lasting changes. Fingers crossed  

Before picture also included (from before the first treatment) 

IMG_0666.PNG

IMG_0675.PNG

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/21/2017 4:24 am

@poole1989I am happy that treatment "appears" to be working for you. I do not think this is possible. You are quite fat deficient in the first picture (atrophic), with deep tethered scars. As laser does not subcise (release the tethers). Nor does is fill with fat, filler, or saline, possibly even the bodies edema aka blood and swelling after the procedure, this is hard for me to believe your skin is smooth with perfect filling. Are you sure filler was not used or subcision with that laser, as those scars are very deep and fat deficient or was the second pic possibly before you had acne scars. Hard to believe after just one or was it two now Fraxels, turning up energy does not make fat (it does make swelling). I wish you success with your Fraxels, seems to be the "miracle" cure for you, never have seen a patient have that outcome with any Fraxel before. Dudley, a poster here got tons (20+ Fraxels) of them and barley had that outcome.

You liked
MemberMember
(@poole1989)

Posted : 04/22/2017 11:36 am

Hi BA,

I wish the doctor had sneakily added some subcision/filler, but no: I've only had the laser so far. 

The scars are by no means flattened out. I'll attach another pic in different light to give a better idea. 

I'm definitely getting some improvement, but I don't mean to suggest it's anything like a cure.  I know it's generally a long process towards anything resembling such a thing. I'm pleased with the progress so far, though, especially as the downtime was minimal (I really can't afford to take long holidays from work, so that was important to me). 

I expect I'll consider subcision in the future as there are certainly some tethered down scars that I can't imagine will improve without it. 

IMG_0691.PNG

IMG_0692.PNG