Notifications
Clear all

Scared about my liver health- on 30mg Roaccutane (Accutane) a day

MemberMember
(@oliver0305)

Posted : 08/24/2016 2:29 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and to Accutane (Roaccutanein the UK). I'm on 30mg a day and have just I completed my first month, I had my blood work done on Monday for my monthly check up. Lately I can't help but notice how full I've been without eating.

I've been eating a minimul amount everyday not through choice and have read that a lack of appetite can be linked to liver problems. As we know, Accutane is processed by the liver so I'm a little scared that the Accutane could be doing some serious damage. Am I overreacting or should I contact my derm? Many thanks.

MemberMember
(@humanecyclone)

Posted : 08/24/2016 3:31 pm

Definitely contact your derm, and don't be afraid on stopping your treatment if you do not feel comfortable continuing it. If you so desire, you can always go back to it, and it won't be "interrupted" by doing this so to speak.

Always listen to your body, and if you feel that something isn't right, then act on that. Accutane is not the drug to be taking any chances with, and always remember to keep your health first on your priority list.

Best of luck :) !