Notifications
Clear all

Please Help - Redness and Muscle strain

MemberMember
(@finestfit)

Posted : 08/24/2016 11:26 pm

Hello im 17 and iv been on accutane for 5 monthes on 30mg. I weigh about 125 pounds. They said i would be on it for 5 months. I couldn't go to my last appointment because it was the first day of school. I stopped taking it  for about 1 week and little pimples started appearing near my nose. Should i continue taking it till my next appointment? Do i need one more month? And also what should i do about the redness on my face. My face is always red especially when i get nervous my face heats up fast is there anything i can use to relief the redness? And also on my second month of accutane i strained both of my hip flexors while playing soccer and I've been out ever sence that day. Iv been going to physical therapy to help the pain. Is there Anything i can take to recover faster? Was it the accutane that caused the injury? I have tryouts for the high school team next month and my team needs me please help :(

MemberMember
(@grooving-till-old-till-dust)

Posted : 08/25/2016 10:39 am

Talk to your derm aboutthe pimples your getting around your nose.

About your face getting red, I also suffered from that while on isotretinoin and for a few months post the treatment. It was really terrible. I still get red pretty easily and it's really tough to deal with, so I understand. And I don't think isotretinoin caused your hip injury.

MemberMember
(@acnesufferer353)

Posted : 08/25/2016 2:50 pm

15 hours ago, FinestFit said:

Hello im 17 and iv been on accutane for 5 monthes on 30mg. I weigh about 125 pounds. They said i would be on it for 5 months. I couldn't go to my last appointment because it was the first day of school. I stopped taking it  for about 1 week and little pimples started appearing near my nose. Should i continue taking it till my next appointment? Do i need one more month? And also what should i do about the redness on my face. My face is always red especially when i get nervous my face heats up fast is there anything i can use to relief the redness? And also on my second month of accutane i strained both of my hip flexors while playing soccer and I've been out ever sence that day. Iv been going to physical therapy to help the pain. Is there Anything i can take to recover faster? Was it the accutane that caused the injury? I have tryouts for the high school team next month and my team needs me please help :(

You will need to maintain your complexion and healthy diet as accutane is not permanent cure sadly. If you have moderate severe acne accutane is the best remedy atm. Otherwise, you could try alternative Solgar dry vitamin A which has vitamin A 5000IU and L-ascorbic acid 10mg. You can also use it topically for acne scars by simply crushing it into powder and apply it on scars areas massage 30sec - 1minute followed by hot water compressed 60-70degree wrapped in cotton ball and hold it on the scars 1-2minutes. Face redness usually cause of irritation or flushing the above method might help to relief the redness as it promotes faster healing.