Notifications
Clear all

Antibiotics made my acne worse!!

MemberMember
(@jacksonman)

Posted : 08/23/2016 11:07 am

Hey,

I went to see a dermatologist for my acne and she told me I need to use Accutane. But I don't want to take Accutane because I don't wanna risk losing my hair. I asked my dermatologist if there are any other treatments possible for me but she said no. I also asked her about the side-effect of losing hair. She said: ''That's not true, I'm doing this for 20 years and nobody lost their hair.'' But on the internet I saw tons of reviews by people who started losing hair. I feel like my dermatologist is lying to me... My hair is pretty thin and not as full as it used to be so I'm scared to use accutane... So here are a few questions:

1. Will people with thin hair have more chance in losing their hair then people with thick hair while on accutane? Or doesn't it matter at all how thin or thick your hair is? Is it completely random?

2. Will the hair you lost while on accutane really come back after you're done with accutane? Have anybody experienced this? Losing hair on accutane and when you was done your hair came back?

3. I have mild acne. Is accutane's succes rate bigger for people with mild acne?

Anyways I still don't want to use accutane, I really don't want to risk losing my hair and I'm not even 100% sure this will clear up my skin. Do you guys know any other (better) methods to treat my acne? Or is accutane literally the last chance to treat your acne? I got acne for like 7-8 years right now. I'm 23 years old. Also my acne got worse after taking antibiotics (doxycycline) and I've almost tried every product out there. This acne is literally fucking up my life, I don't want to leave my house because of this...Money is not a problem for me, I can afford expensive treatments. Do you guys know other treatments which are better then accutane?

Oh yes I've also tried eating only healthy and drinking lots of water for months. I did research and was looking for food which is good for the skin and acne. But that didn't help at all. Well but I'm not really 100% sure it didn't help because the antibiotics made my acne worse... But my dermatologist says it doesn't matter how you eat...

MemberMember
(@silverlight22)

Posted : 08/24/2016 5:52 pm

try staying away from all sugar products.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 08/24/2016 6:10 pm

I took antibiotics too for a while and my acne came back after a couple of months.

I didn't get clear until I started doing The Regimen. I did the whole thing with drugstore products and within a few months it cleared up my cystic acne. Photos are in my signature if you want to see before and after pics. Although it is a tough regimen to begin, I would rather do this than take accutane. I have been doing the regimen for almost 4 years now and have been clear ever since.

Whatever regimen or treatment you try make sure it is something doable and one you are able to follow through with. Good luck!