Notifications
Clear all

Any Advice

MemberMember
(@kevinjames2020)

Posted : 05/20/2016 10:55 am

Hello Everyone,

So i have had acne now for probably 6 years and suffered moderate acne at worst. Unfortunately it was a few years before i seeked medical help and by this time the mental damage had been done. I ended up being diagnosed with depression and social anxiety because of it. Going out of the house is still a major challenge and i even struggle to come to terms with family gatherings. I was all several different tablets before eventually getting on to Accutane. This worked an absolute treat and for around 3 months i was completely clear. At my next appointment my dermatologist removed me from the course of Accutane immediately because i had severely damaged an enzyme in my liver. They advised they would not give me tables for any acne based illness again and i have since only been to the doctors once in which i saw the Nurse Practitioner who simply said she didnt think my acne was bad and prescribed me a different set of anti depressants basically telling me my acne is all in my head, which i know it isnt. so for around 9 months i have been off all medication other than over the counter creams. I have probably tried over 15 different ones and they work temporarily for a week or so then everything goes back to normal. I do not have the best diet in the world but i changed my diet to be more healthy around 3 months ago and no visible changes have occurred. I do have a relateively stressful job for a 20 year old but it cant all be down to that, surely? Anyway if anyone has any advise where i go from here since my doctors wont touch me it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kev

MemberMember
(@saviour)

Posted : 05/20/2016 7:24 pm

Hi Kevin

I feel your situation. I'll inbox you, mate, and we can discuss all your concerns, if you like. I'm no doctor, but I've dealt with moderate acne, and kicked depressions ass to the kerb. I'm willing to help, if you're open to it?

MemberMember
(@staygolden1)

Posted : 05/23/2016 1:26 pm

On May 20, 2016 at 8:55 AM, KevinJames2020 said:

Hello Everyone,

So i have had acne now for probably 6 years and suffered moderate acne at worst. Unfortunately it was a few years before i seeked medical help and by this time the mental damage had been done. I ended up being diagnosed with depression and social anxiety because of it. Going out of the house is still a major challenge and i even struggle to come to terms with family gatherings. I was all several different tablets before eventually getting on to Accutane. This worked an absolute treat and for around 3 months i was completely clear. At my next appointment my dermatologist removed me from the course of Accutane immediately because i had severely damaged an enzyme in my liver. They advised they would not give me tables for any acne based illness again and i have since only been to the doctors once in which i saw the Nurse Practitioner who simply said she didnt think my acne was bad and prescribed me a different set of anti depressants basically telling me my acne is all in my head, which i know it isnt. so for around 9 months i have been off all medication other than over the counter creams. I have probably tried over 15 different ones and they work temporarily for a week or so then everything goes back to normal. I do not have the best diet in the world but i changed my diet to be more healthy around 3 months ago and no visible changes have occurred. I do have a relateively stressful job for a 20 year old but it cant all be down to that, surely? Anyway if anyone has any advise where i go from here since my doctors wont touch me it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kev

I can relate to you in so may ways andI'm sorry your going through this! There a couple of things that I noticed that helped a lot. A few months ago I cut back on dairy and eliminated red meat from my diet. After a few weeks my skin was doing great. I then began to eat dairy and red meat regularly to see would would happen and of course after a few days my skin flared up. I went back to avoiding red meat and dairy and now I have been drinking Tumeric powder which is an anti inflammatory and using Apple Cider Vinegar on the face. I dilute the ACV with water since it is strong.

MemberMember
(@davidctino)

Posted : 05/23/2016 2:19 pm

On May 20, 2016 at 8:55 AM, KevinJames2020 said:

Hello Everyone,

Cheers,

Kev

Low carb diet helps greatly trust me on this. Keep it around 40-100gs a day and make most of it from veggies. Incorporate zinc and omega3 in your diet too. If you want to step it up and go the full way only eat organic foods.

MemberMember
(@kevinjames2020)

Posted : 05/26/2016 7:13 am

On 5/23/2016 at 7:26 PM, staygolden1 said:
I can relate to you in so may ways andI'm sorry your going through this! There a couple of things that I noticed that helped a lot. A few months ago I cut back on dairy and eliminated red meat from my diet. After a few weeks my skin was doing great. I then began to eat dairy and red meat regularly to see would would happen and of course after a few days my skin flared up. I went back to avoiding red meat and dairy and now I have been drinking Tumeric powder which is an anti inflammatory and using Apple Cider Vinegar on the face. I dilute the ACV with water since it is strong.

Hey Thanks, i dont have much dairy but i do consume a lot of red meat. I will try eating more chicken instead!