Notifications
Clear all

tretinoin worsening skin!

MemberMember
(@nadiarose)

Posted : 03/08/2016 8:55 pm

I walked into the dermatologist with what i "thought" was bad skin, but boy was a wrong. They started me on retrieve cream (0.05 tretinoin) and an antibiotic (doxycycline). I lasted ONE WEEK on the doxy, i stopped because i felt changes in my mood. I was moody, anxious, depressed to the point where i couldn't get out of bed in the mornings. So, i decided to stop but continue the use of the cream at night. I noticed my skin getting worse and worse but understood this was probably the "purging" everyone was talking about. After three months my skin has gotten so bad that i don't even want to leave the house. I have to wear makeup because I'm so self conscious but makeup makes my skin look even worse.

IT HAS NEVER BEEN LIKE THIS. I don't even recognise myself! I have no idea what to do.. I am changing to "differin" cream, should i also go back on the antibiotic?

MemberMember
(@humanaevitae)

Posted : 03/08/2016 10:10 pm

Are you sure the doxy was giving you mood swings? I've been on doxy for about three weeks and haven't felt any side effects.

I'm on the same regimen that you were given but haven't had a ton of improvement. My dermatologist also told me to use a BP wash. I seem to go in waves, where my skin will sort of clear a little bit and then I'll break out again. I will be interested in hearing what other people say.