Notifications
Clear all

Using clindoxyl and differin together

MemberMember
(@vividnumeric)

Posted : 03/08/2016 10:24 pm

My general practitioner prescribed me differin 0.3 gel and I have been on it for about 5 weeks now. I had a pretty bad Ib around week 3 and then week 4 my skin was clearing and I had almost no new acne in the that week (expect the remarks from my last breakout made it look equally as bad) but a broke out again over the weekend. Then just a couple days ago my doctor gave me a clindoxyl prescription. I asked about using it with the differin (as the differin which unclog pores would help the antibiotic) and my doctor said u can but it would probably make my skin really really dry.

So im wondering should I continue with my differin treatment. Switch to clindoxyl or use them together. I only saw a general practitioner so they didn't know a whole lot on the subject but they recommended if I got another breakout as bad as I did in week 3 I should switch to clindyoxyl but I was skeptical because It could have just been a ib. And how long would clindoxyl take to work keeping in mind I have been on a retitoid for the past 5 weeks.

Also I think I have seen the worst of my IB so would the BP in the clindoxyl cause another IB?

MemberMember
(@scribbles138)

Posted : 03/10/2016 6:34 am

My doctor just prescribed clindoxyl (with 3% BP) for me to use in the morning and differin to use at night. After reading reviews on here I'm worried, specifically about the differin. My doctor did say that my skin could be dry and to use a regular, non-acne medicated moisturizer. I've never used a moisturizer that wasn't specifically for acne prone skin, so that's a learning curve for me. I'm also interested to hear about anyone else's experience using both gels.

MemberMember
(@vividnumeric)

Posted : 03/10/2016 5:25 pm

The differin and clindoxyl will make your skin dry and falaky but only for the first 3-7 days (for me). After that your skin will still be dry but not as bad and very little flaking