Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Flare

MemberMember
(@dum41)

Posted : 03/08/2016 6:59 pm

Hey guys.
So ive just completed my 2nd week and 1 day and my acne is horrible. I have alot of cysts on both of my cheecks and it looks like 2-3 have formed together. I have alot of trouble washing my face and in the mornings because it hurts, in the morning i have alot of flaky skin which stays there after i wash my face as it starts to dry. My face looks really horrible and im gonna miss my college this whole week. Maybe abit more until it improves.

The 2 products im using are Cetaphil gentle cleanser and the moistorizer.

Anyone recommend me anything else, or has anyone experienced painful cystic acne while on accutane?

MemberMember
(@stephen23)

Posted : 03/12/2016 4:37 pm

I think the question is has anyone NOT experienced painful cystic acne while on accutane. You're still in the early stages of it. It sucks hardcore and makes you want to crawl into a hole. If you can afford to miss a week of classes to stay mentally healthy, I say go for it. But try and stick it out. I think the products you're using are great (it's what i'm using). maybe try moisturizing twice? like wait for it to dry and then slab more on?

MemberMember
(@accutane1999)

Posted : 03/12/2016 4:41 pm

I do not have cystic acne and I am on Accutane. I'm currently on my 6th month, but I was only prescribed accutane because none of the other treatments I had tried would work

MemberMember
(@dum41)

Posted : 03/17/2016 12:45 pm

Thanks for the comment guys, and ye already missed 2 weeks of college. Got my bloodtest tommarow and i really cba since i have to go to my GP. Looks like one side is clearing up but the other side is really bad. What i do now is dab cream on like leaving a thick layer on my acne. Not sure if thats a good idea or what and would appreciate any help on that.