Notifications
Clear all

Felt like I should share my experience.

MemberMember
(@sassysassin)

Posted : 03/07/2016 9:11 am

OK so I made an account just to tell my story. This is of course the short short version and will not include the depression and sheer amounts of personal suffering and embarrassment that plagued me each day.

I'm a 34 year old caucasian female (dry, combo skin) that has had burns and scarring from acne and past chemical peels on my face and particularly on my chin, jaw, and lower face for several years now. I've desperatly purchased and tired almost everything or every remedy I've looked up online or have been told by others within reason including but not limited to: retain a .025, .5, the whole expensive Obagi product line (for six months until I couldn't take it anymore and noticed more and more pits and large pores etc etc orange peel skin and whole nasties nine yards), multiple types of acid peels as recommended by a friend (performed correctly and by the book although part of my original problem was I paid a clinic to do a tca peel and it burned me under my skin), and most all types of skin creams, lightening creams, vitamin c serum, ce ferulic (purchased most of these at my plastic surgeons office because I didn't trust amazon to send me legit product).

So needless to say I spent A LOT of money!!! And while I saw my normal non scarred skin benefit from a few of these purchases (mainly ce ferulic and vitamin serums), I never rid or helped the scars size or shape or depth or redness (some older scars brown in color)! Nothing but more and more obsession with finding something to help me.

After awhile I gave up but continued to purchase expensive new solutions or product, because by that point I had basically given up but needed to have a hope in something new or I would get very anxious and to the point of panic attacks and having to take meds to help.

Well in the depressed mean time I picked up some habits that were not good such as smoking a good amount of weed daily and vaping like crazy.

Well to make this long story short i was showing increased signs of feeling lethargic, tired, anxious, panicky, sleep wouldn't really allow me to rest, bags under eyes, and therefore I did more and more smoking and throwing myself pity parties and never leaving the house. Of course it might be obvious as to why I wasn't getting rest and the bags under my eyes were just getting worse and my red marks and hyperpigmentation worsened while my scars just starred at me in the mirror like "hey you, we are here for good b$&@h! And we're going to keep getting worse as you age!"

So I went to the store the other day and purchased reluctantly a bottle of multivitamins, a bottle of iron, and bottle of baby aspirin, and a bottle of aloe vera with vitamin e (Walmart off brand). Sounds boring huh?

Meanwhile my boyfriend has been trying to get me to stop my weed smoking and I would try over and over but I found that when I quit I got more depressed and so I never quit for more than a day before getting more.

Well finally I prayed for strength (yes I believe in God) and whether you would argue I gave myself willpower or God answered my prayer for strength to quit (I of course believe that latter), I quit for a week and that is all it took for me to realize how stupid I was being and how it wasn't helping me atall. In fact I believe it was the cause of a lot of my anxiety over my skin.
I started taking the multivitamins and one iron pill a day along with application of aloe and vitamin e and I PROMISE you my skin has cleared slowly and consistently of ALL my hyperpigmentation at two weeks now (I currently have not been having outbreaks due to deciding to go to an endocrinologist to have all my hormones checked and fixed via medication last year which stopped the outbreaks (I found out I needed more estrogen and I was producing other hormones more than I needed.).

Since then my face and skin continue to look so much better almost like the scars are healing and it seems almost insane. My scars that were red and noticeable have almost all turned skin color and I cannot notice them (except of course some of the pock marks on my chin which are getting less and less noticeable each day!!!! $&@!ing crazy to me!!!

So if you have any similarities to me and my story I cannotrecommend enough to:

1) go to a endo make sure your hormones are correctly balanced

2) quit smoking (it's hard yes but $&@!ing do it!

3) multivitamins and for me iron

4) apply aloe with vitamin e (equate or whatever Walmart brand) throughout the First few days if you can and make sure it's mainly just aloe. Don't buy anything with alcohol in it!!! Ever!!! Not even sunscreen, suck it up and get the more expensive zinc sunscreen (higher zinc is better)

This is just my story and sorry for the length and for my sometimes horrid grammer, since I'm typing on my phone and there is a delay and lag. I will do my best to keep up with this if anyone has any questions.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 09/24/2016 2:13 pm

Hey!
Could you tell me
more about the orange peel and pores/texture issue you experienced?
And how long did that last?
Im freaking out right now because I think I may have damaged myself permanently from using a retin a twice with light exfoliation.
you can check my pics in my other post for reference

im scared

MemberMember
(@skinskinskinskinskinskinskin)

Posted : 09/25/2016 7:17 am

people with legit scarring cannot be fixed by praying to god and taking a mulitvitamin

you probably never had actual scars

MemberMember
(@brokenporecelain)

Posted : 10/23/2016 9:14 pm

On September 25, 2016 at 8:17 AM, SKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKINSKIN said:

people with legit scarring cannot be fixed by praying to god and taking a mulitvitamin

you probably never had actual scars

I see you everywhere, including my own thread, and you are just a piece of work, honestly, if you're not going to offer help or words that are worth something..then don't speak..stick to threads that you actually CAN relate to and not the ones you can't

i know some people have it worse than Others and that will always be the case with everything...but personally, I have another issue going on that many would consider far worse than skin issues and scarring and I don't go around this site saying "oh shut up, you complain about your skin but I've got wrecked skin AND "blank" to deal with"
because that's just ridiculous and useless in a place where everyone is feeling awful and scared about SOMETHING...and just because you don't consider it "bad enough" it doesn't mean it's not that way to the person dealing with it

im guessing you have MAJOR qualms about your own skin to be going around and dismissing people's posts left and right...and I am truly sorry for you..I wish for everyone here to get a fix, I know it's not always possible..and that's just simply Unfair and gut wrenching.. but doing what you are doing is not going to help YOUR problems...if I had a cure for this skin bullshit, I'd send some your way just as I would anyone else...but I don't.

Many of us are feeling the samehopelessness, despite the varying degrees of our circumstances

I see many on this site who I know have a much more hopeful and "lucky" situation than the one I am in..but I don't tell them they have bdd or in so many words "to screw off"...I just try to help if I can and also warn others to not make the same mistake I did..maybe you should try doing the same..

perhaps one day I will be just like you..but if that day comes, when I can do nothing to help myself and only strike at others in pain..then I will probably just off myself to be honest..I certainly wouldn't be able to stick around here..it would do nothing for me at that point...so why are YOU here?
..hopefully it's because you still have hope to fix whatever it is you are dealing with..but if that's the case then why do you post the things you do?
( and this one is mild compared to the odd or offensive things I've seen you say elsewhere..sometimes you even seem like a troll...for your sake, I hope you are)