Notifications
Clear all

Please help with acne scars (Pics)

MemberMember
(@mr-robert97)

Posted : 01/12/2016 9:54 pm

I need help identifying my scars. In some pics look almost none existent idk of its the hyperpigment along with raised scars. And the fact I'm on accutane that makes my face look bumpy and uneven . I do have some scars that are quite evident but would like some insight on my situation any would help 

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 01/13/2016 4:42 am

I've got similar scarring and am also asian. As for scar types, looks like you have a combination - ice pick, box car, and rolling.

From experience, the red marks will go away after a year. You can smooth out those scars with multiple laser sessions, especially those rolling scars. I was told by my dermatologist that due to hyperpigmentation, lasers cannot be done as aggressively on asian skin.

Probably start with subcision? I'm going in for another one soon - good results.

Good luck. You'll still need to wait 6 months after Accutane.

MemberMember
(@guevarabeats)

Posted : 01/13/2016 7:54 pm

Start with subscsion and needling along with tca peels then work your way up from there if you aren't happy enough with the results.

MemberMember
(@mr-robert97)

Posted : 01/13/2016 9:35 pm

Thanks for the replies but I never had these before starting Accutane idk if its just the dryness of the skincausing my skin to look this bad and also these scars weren't caused by an I initial breakout because I never had one and I also heard that months after these wont even be that noticiable
@GuevaraBeats@f93d

MemberMember
(@friskycreek)

Posted : 01/14/2016 4:24 am

Not sure what you're talking about, but here's some insight on your situation. You have atrophic scars, probably caused by the acne you needed Accutane for. Your skin will look better if you give it time to heal (the redness will fade), but the scars will always be there. You have to realise that the scars are permanent. They can be improved with treatments, but never removed completely with the options we have today. The reason they look nonexistent in some pictures is because of lightning conditions. If you are in harsh overhead lightning your scars will be highlighted.

You should wait 6 months to a year to let your skin heal after Accutane. If you're interested in treating your scars afterwards I suggest you do a lot of research. There's a lot of dermatologists out there that want your money and many of them will suggest expensive laser treatments. Around here the consensus is that lasers isn't the best method for filling up intented scarring like this, but better used to fix texture issues and smoothing out edges. You might want to look into subcision or TCA cross.

I suggest you read these studies:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3937506/
http://www.owndoc.com/pdf/therapy-in-treatment-of-atrophic-acne-scars.pdf

MemberMember
(@rakimaki99)

Posted : 06/19/2018 2:47 pm

Hey can you post about your progress?
mines are the same

IMG_1302.jpg