Notifications
Clear all

Please Help! almost cured but now is coming back

MemberMember
(@dangerr)

Posted : 12/21/2015 12:12 am

Hello :) Male BTW

This is kind of my acne story, when i was younger I suffered from cystic acne nothing worked. until I went on accutane after i was done with it u can say my acne was cured not a pimple on site only a few scars that faded in time all i had left was cheeks with some redness I would say my face has been very clear until the last couple of months and i don't know why its getting worse

I don't pick pimples or touch my face

I excersise everyday

I watch what I eat ive been cut out foods that seem to affect me (cheese , peanut butter and others) 

I wash my face everyday twice a day 

I drink lots of water

I don't sleep with my face on my pillow

And I don't have stress on me

This is my routine in order of appliance 

(morning)

wash with Cetaphil foam wash

Finacea (cream)

Cetaphil Moisturizer

Aquaphor Healing Ointment on pimples or pimple areas

(before bed)

wash with cetaphil foam wash

cetaphil moisturizer

Clindamycin Phosphate lotion

epiduo

aquaphor healing ointment on pimples

was using this routine even when my face was very clear for a while except for epiduo. but my face was getting worse before epiduo hence the reason why i started using it but i have been using it for a while now and it only has gotten worse. I feel like the epiduo has made it but i dont want to stop using it in case if it gets even worse because of it

I dont know what is wrong, I dont feel like i'm doing anything wrong, I haven't changed anything drastically please help guys any tips or suggestions would be highly appreciated please and thank you  

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 12/21/2015 4:27 am

How long have you been using theepiduo? It takes time to start to work.

MemberMember
(@appleysauce)

Posted : 12/21/2015 4:27 am

Unfortunately the problem with accutane is that people sometimes relapse. This doesn't mean your acne will necessarily come back as bad though. How long ago was your course?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. If you scar and your acne continues to get worse, it's best to get back to your doc/derm for some help sooner rather than later. 

Best of luck :)

Edit: Oh yeah, I just remembered epiduo has a retinoid in it and can make acne worse before better. About 8 weeks is the average turn around point.

MemberMember
(@dangerr)

Posted : 12/21/2015 1:54 pm

9 hours ago, Porswis said:

How long have you been using the epiduo? It takes time to start to work.

Not totally sure but its been around 8 weeks but their is a chance that epiduo may not work for me right?

because before acctune i took it for a while and my face didnt react to it as well either

but is their a chance that me mixing epiduo with what i stated on top is making it worse ive also thought of that as the problem  

9 hours ago, AppleySauce said:

Unfortunately the problem with accutane is that people sometimes relapse. This doesn't mean your acne will necessarily come back as bad though. How long ago was your course?

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. If you scar and your acne continues to get worse, it's best to get back to your doc/derm for some help sooner rather than later. 

Best of luck :)

Edit: Oh yeah, I just remembered epiduo has a retinoid in it and can make acne worse before better. About 8 weeks is the average turn around point.

Yea I've heard about that but its been almost about a year since the ending of my course

and yea in my case its not the pimples getting worse even tho they take time to leave its that more are popping out in different areas 

and should i just apply epiduo by its self or is it fairly ok to apply it with others?

thank you

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 12/21/2015 2:50 pm

True using to much products on your face will only make things worse.

The thing with epiduo its that it cantakeseveral months to see changes. But honestly I dont think its a good longterm solution. Its not great for your skin.

How would you describe your acne?

Are you a boy or a girl? If you're a girl your acne can be worse before period wich happens to alot of people.

MemberMember
(@dangerr)

Posted : 12/21/2015 3:37 pm

34 minutes ago, Porswis said:

True using to much products on your face will only make things worse.

The thing with epiduo its that it cantakeseveral months to see changes. But honestly I dont think its a good longterm solution. Its not great for your skin.

How would you describe your acne?

Are you a boy or a girl? If you're a girl your acne can be worse before period wich happens to alot of people.

im a boy and im also starting to thing that epiduo is not such of a good product well at least for me i would describe my acne as random but for the most around its around the mouth area and lower chin some get puss others don't but they are hard to get rid of once they show up

MemberMember
(@porswis)

Posted : 12/21/2015 5:28 pm

There're still lots of differents methods to try reduce your acne!

Is your skin sensitive? If not youcan try the acne.org regimen.

For internally you should have a healty diet but it seems you already following it.

Maybe zinc supplement can help too 🙂