Notifications
Clear all

What Am I Doing Wrong !?

MemberMember
(@damiem)

Posted : 09/14/2015 12:45 pm

I will provide pictures since i don't know if this is considered mild or severe acne. But I have made a HUGE effort to clear my skin and I now drink 4-5 litres of water a day and have done for 5 weeks and I drink nothing else and every night i wash my face with an antiseptic soap and then wear a calamine mask for 1-3 hours and then wash and moisturise. I have been doing this for about three weeks and my skin is getting worse and i honestly am worried and I don't know what to do. My face is almost always in pain from large unstoppable spots and I have tried eating less sugar too. Every night I also put a large amount of spot gel on the big painful spots to reduce the size in the morning.

If I carry on will it get worse ? My parents refuse to let me go to the doctors saying its not bad enough but it is so hard when NO ONE else in my life at the moment has any acne .... everyone i speak with all day are very attractive and spot free whereas i am very ugly and also have acne and it is killing me inside and it seems there is no solution

What do I do ? Is there anything i'm missing ?

Pictures

post-489975-0-60992300-1442251965.jpg

post-489975-0-77754100-1442251969.jpg

My camera is bad sorry, you cannot see that on a lot of my face it is covered with very tiny white/red bumps too and i am very pale and all the spots are very red and i look terrible. Also this is my first post and i just created this account and wondered if anyone could give any advice and to tell me what severity my acne is, if you need more pictures I will try to get better ones.

MemberMember
(@smallpox)

Posted : 09/15/2015 8:09 am

Probably stress is a factor, also I'm not sure about the mask but it might be drying your skin out. Yuo should try using it in moderation instead of everyday, and don't scrub so hard with your soap. Also try getting a lot of vitamin a.

MemberMember
(@mrawesome2)

Posted : 09/15/2015 8:40 am

Wearing a mask for 1-3 hours won't do any good for your acne, and you rather skip it and save some time. Also an antiseptic cleanser won't help you very much since it isn't left on. Also, I've never heard any studies about how excessive amounts of water help against acne.

I would recommend you to wash your face once daily with a gentle cleanser (I like CeraVe hydrating cleanser) in the evening. Then apply a 2,5% bensoylperoxide, followed by cerave moisturizer PM. In the morning, use a moisturizer with sunscreen (I like cerave or paulas choice here).

Don't pick at your skin, since skin picking is the main cause of acne scarring. If your skin hasn't improved after a while, you should definitely go see a doctor, since they can prescribe you more powerful stuff than what can be bought over the counter. Why don't give yourself the best chance to be acne free? Doctors are educated to help you with these problem.

best regards

MemberMember
(@damiem)

Posted : 09/15/2015 4:22 pm

Wearing a mask for 1-3 hours won't do any good for your acne, and you rather skip it and save some time. Also an antiseptic cleanser won't help you very much since it isn't left on. Also, I've never heard any studies about how excessive amounts of water help against acne.

I would recommend you to wash your face once daily with a gentle cleanser (I like CeraVe hydrating cleanser) in the evening. Then apply a 2,5% bensoylperoxide, followed by cerave moisturizer PM. In the morning, use a moisturizer with sunscreen (I like cerave or paulas choice here).

Don't pick at your skin, since skin picking is the main cause of acne scarring. If your skin hasn't improved after a while, you should definitely go see a doctor, since they can prescribe you more powerful stuff than what can be bought over the counter. Why don't give yourself the best chance to be acne free? Doctors are educated to help you with these problem.

best regards

Can you recommend good cleanser and moisturisers that are cheap or will only more expensive products do the job ? and with bensoylperoxide do you put in directly on a spot or on a whole face ? sorry for all the questions I am stupid. Also currently my moisturiser has salicylic acid to treat spots is that bad ?

MemberMember
(@mrawesome2)

Posted : 09/16/2015 8:23 am

best regards

Can you recommend good cleanser and moisturisers that are cheap or will only more expensive products do the job ? and with bensoylperoxide do you put in directly on a spot or on a whole face ? sorry for all the questions I am stupid. Also currently my moisturiser has salicylic acid to treat spots is that bad ?

I recommend cerave hydrating cleanser and cerave PM and AM moisturizers. They aren't expensive. Apply a somewhat thin layer of benzoylperoxide all over your face, even on the areas where you have no spots. Benzoylperoxide kills the acne bacterias that lives on your face surface.