Notifications
Clear all

Beyond Past It Now!:( Given Up, Tried It All!

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 08/15/2015 8:20 pm

Hi, so I thought I had my acne moderately under control for the past week as I put my self on a serious detox e.g only eating chicken , meats and vegetables, NOTHING ELSE and about 3-4 litres of water a day

I saw positive results, however it was so hard not to snack, them after a week which was Friday, I ate 2 pancakes and a tiny bit of chocolate them guess what today I break out!!

What am I supposed to do?

What things could I snack on

I have also started taking d3 supplements and b5

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 08/15/2015 10:21 pm

Well it seems you have awnsered your own question here- don't eat chocolate or pancakes. You may be able to try a healthier alternative such as fruit for sweet cravings, however you really have to try for yourself and see, as what works for someone else may not work for you. Also, you will need to stick with a diet longer than a week in order to solidify your causes of breakouts. You can do this by keeping a journal of food you have eaten along the way. Don't make the mistake of correlating a certain food to 'one' breakout otherwise you may find yourself starting a never ending list. So long story short, make a journal of what works and what doesn't. All the best

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 08/16/2015 6:41 am

I found pinpointing food to be far too difficult for me, knowing there are other things in play. Your hormones, skincare products, skin touching etc.. plus a lot of things we know nothing about, could all be having a say in your skin. No one asks a person with an eczema flare up what they ate to cause it. Stop blaming yourself and get yourself the regimen or go see a doctor.

MemberMember
(@acnesuffer9)

Posted : 08/16/2015 6:59 am

Well it seems you have awnsered your own question here- don't eat chocolate or pancakes. You may be able to try a healthier alternative such as fruit for sweet cravings, however you really have to try for yourself and see, as what works for someone else may not work for you. Also, you will need to stick with a diet longer than a week in order to solidify your causes of breakouts. You can do this by keeping a journal of food you have eaten along the way. Don't make the mistake of correlating a certain food to 'one' breakout otherwise you may find yourself starting a never ending list. So long story short, make a journal of what works and what doesn't. All the best

ive tried all fruits and all seem to break me out even blueberries so i literally dont know what to do

guess ill try to do the diet for longer this time and hope i have the will to stick to it