Notifications
Clear all

Diet Vs. Accutane Help!

MemberMember
(@lmahoney)

Posted : 08/11/2015 6:50 am

Hello. Over the last few months I've gained moderate to severe acne just on my cheeks. I'm fifteen years old male and this is devastating my social life, I quit my job and have isolated myself for the entire summer. I can't even go out without a hoodie on. I've tried every different kind of topical treatment and nothing works.

So I found out about the link between diet & acne. I've been gluten free for 3 weeks because I thought that was my trigger. No results. For the last four days I've ate only fruits & vegetables and drank only water. No results yet and I'm growing desperate. School starts in a month and I'm looking to reduce my acne by a lot before then. Is it possible? I'm thinking of trying accutane because this diet is getting me aggrevated. Any advice??

MemberMember
(@glb2130)

Posted : 08/11/2015 12:52 pm

Hello. Over the last few months I've gained moderate to severe acne just on my cheeks. I'm fifteen years old male and this is devastating my social life, I quit my job and have isolated myself for the entire summer. I can't even go out without a hoodie on. I've tried every different kind of topical treatment and nothing works.

So I found out about the link between diet & acne. I've been gluten free for 3 weeks because I thought that was my trigger. No results. For the last four days I've ate only fruits & vegetables and drank only water. No results yet and I'm growing desperate. School starts in a month and I'm looking to reduce my acne by a lot before then. Is it possible? I'm thinking of trying accutane because this diet is getting me aggrevated. Any advice??

for me the biggest issue that causes breakouts food-wise is dairy. if i were you i would definitely cut out dairy and see if there are any changes! also cut out junk food/sugar/soda/any thing in a wrapper

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 08/14/2015 4:04 pm

Severe acne will be hard to cure with diet, it will take extreme strength and it will be time consuming. Check out Weston Price diet. The problem is that doing it natural might take so long that you will scar in the mean time. Take a two way approach, clean up diet and go to a derm and get help while you start eating healthy. Remember to not be too hard on yourself.

Dairy does not cause acne for everyone. Remember it will take 2-3 months for new acne to form, so it will take you that long before you see any real progress.

Good luck.

Go on accutane if you can't go out, but while you are on it clean up your diet to help your body with it. Tons of people do great on that drug.