Notifications
Clear all

Does Witch Hazel Cause Initial Breakouts?

MemberMember
(@christtinaaaxo)

Posted : 07/03/2015 9:49 am

I have mild acne, ever since I started using tea tree oil based products in my regimen (face wash, actual tea tree oil) my skin has been great. Recently I decided to start using Witch Hazel Toner (Dickinsons) I was wondering if this toner causes initial breakouts? I've been using it almost a week now, I wouldn't say I'm breaking out horribly, but I am getting more pimples and my face is becoming similar to before I started using tea tree oil. Is this normal or should I stop using it?

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 07/06/2015 2:02 am

That Dickinsons Witch Hazel has a high alcohol content and that is an irritant for many people....at least it was for me. Made my face red and caused breakouts.

MemberMember
(@elaine1390)

Posted : 07/24/2015 1:23 am

you should try thayers alcohol-free rose petal witch hazel toner, it has helped my breakouts and contains no alcohol, so it wont irritate your skin.

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 07/24/2015 11:50 am

it could be purging or you are sensitive to the alcohol and your skin creates more oil because of the drying effect of it

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 07/24/2015 8:34 pm

it is probably too drying with the cleanser. I would just stick to the cleanser n a good moisturizer or oil