Notifications
Clear all

....possibly Starting Accutane In 2.5 Weeks.

MemberMember
(@wtfamidoing)

Posted : 05/26/2015 11:00 pm

Hello all, I'm a a 22 year old male. I have an appointment by June 13 I believe, and my derm said if the Aczone doesn't help that they'll put me on Accutane. Well, as I figured the Aczone doesn't do a damn thing. I don't even know why he prescribed Aczone. This cost $120 WITH insurance. I paid only 10$ because of a coupon deal. God knows how much Accutane will cost me. Why in the world is it this expensive?

Anyway, I don't have severe acne. I got over my moderate acne phase with tazorac. That helped a lot. I have mild acne now. But over the past several years my skin has been getting horribly oily + black heads that will not go away no matter what + very deep disgusting clogged pores near nose area on both sides that also will never take off. I hear Accutane is the best for this, and I rather just go for the best. Aczone has been a disappointment....but I heard Aczone doesn't really help clogged pores, or black heads.

+ because of my moderate acne in my high school years it left red spots that will never go away without special treatment.

Any suggestions if Accutane will get rid of deep clogged pores, black heads, red spots and oily skin? I tried everything else OTC, and it did nothing but make my skin even more prone to oil, more clogged pores.

MemberMember
(@addie122)

Posted : 05/28/2015 2:12 pm

i searched around the internet and most said 10-15 with insurance

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 05/30/2015 6:18 pm

Mine is $0 with my insurance.