Notifications
Clear all

Starting Low Dose Accutane 10Mg Per Day

MemberMember
(@skirt)

Posted : 09/28/2014 8:34 am

hi people,

im a 24 years old female. who struggled with persistent acne for 11years. i got tons of whiteheads on my face and inflames pimples here and there. Tried everything.. the antibiotics, all the cyclines families.. doesnt clear my acne. Havent tried birth control though. but my dermatologist prescribed me accutane.

im starting my accutane journey today. my dermatologist prescribed me with 10mg a day together with erthromycin to curb with the initial breakouts.

Right now, im pretty worried about the initial breakout. The side effects, the duration and rate of clearance of my acne at such a low dose.Anyone had success with 10mg a day? i hope someone can provide me with hope.

MemberMember
(@emmyloublood)

Posted : 09/30/2014 3:48 am

hi people,

im a 24 years old female. who struggled with persistent acne for 11years. i got tons of whiteheads on my face and inflames pimples here and there. Tried everything.. the antibiotics, all the cyclines families.. doesnt clear my acne. Havent tried birth control though. but my dermatologist prescribed me accutane.

im starting my accutane journey today. my dermatologist prescribed me with 10mg a day together with erthromycin to curb with the initial breakouts.

Right now, im pretty worried about the initial breakout. The side effects, the duration and rate of clearance of my acne at such a low dose.Anyone had success with 10mg a day? i hope someone can provide me with hope.

Hi,

I would not worry about the initial outbreaks, my experince so far is that from day one i have had active acne and I feel quite happy that they are coming out and not sitting under my skin for month on end. I had a course of Erthyromycin prior to taking accutane and this did nothing for my acne other that clear the infection casused by my acne. This is my experience and you may differ 🙂

I'm on 20mg every other day so we are on a similar dose. My acne is no worse or better a week in.

What type of acne do you have??

Emma.

MemberMember
(@skirt)

Posted : 09/30/2014 5:22 am

hi emma,

thanks for the reply. glad that i had someone to share my worries with. im on 10mg in conjunection with erthromycine incase of any IB.

i have tons of white heads, blackheads and cystic pimples. it worsen as my period is near. what about u, emma?

MemberMember
(@emmyloublood)

Posted : 10/03/2014 7:36 am

hi emma,

thanks for the reply. glad that i had someone to share my worries with. im on 10mg in conjunection with erthromycine incase of any IB.

i have tons of white heads, blackheads and cystic pimples. it worsen as my period is near. what about u, emma?

My skin sounds similar to yours. Mine is mainly cystic.

Funnily enough, my skin has clear up a lot in the past two weeks. The first week I broke out but nothing severe and this week there is a 50% improvement.

Have you noticed any changes yet??

Emma.

MemberMember
(@skirt)

Posted : 10/07/2014 6:38 am

hi emma,

today is my 10th day. my lips were dry. but i feel tht my whiteheads remain th same. my face is still oily. abit lose hope. feel tht 10mg/day is abit too low to be helping me.