Notifications
Clear all

Breakout 2 Years After Accutane

MemberMember
(@fruitloops)

Posted : 07/26/2014 6:12 pm

Hello all! I haven't been on here for a while... but last time I was active I was in the process of getting on accutane after trying just about everything else. I ended up taking the typical 6 month course of accutane the beginning of my junior year and had a relatively good experience and clearing up quickly. I have stayed clear all through my junior and senior year but for some reason this summer I have started breaking out again. It started as a few pimples during that time of the month but this past cycle I exploded in acne that I haven't had in years. The first pic is a day or two after I noticed the breakout was more severe than usual, and the last pic is where it is now, roughly 1.5 weeks later. I am still waking up and seeing new pimples come to a head but also a few of them are fading. I've never seemed to have a problem with my acne healing post accutane but suddenly these past 2 weeks have been difficult skin wise. My skin routine since accutane has been wash twice a day and clindamycin twice a day, and it had worked very well up until now. I guess basically what I'm wondering is if anyone else has broken out after accutane like this and if it was just some freak thing that healed up quickly or if it persisted and they had to take another course. I realize that my acne is mild and another course is probably extreme except for I feel that antibiotics and topicals won't work because I have used so many for such prolonged periods of time in the past and they did absolutely nothing. Anyway, I scheduled a derm appt and it is in 10 days and I figure if it does miraculously clear up I can figure out how to prevent this from happening again. I don't know if this is worth mentioning, but about a month ago I tried a fake tanner on my face for 1-2 days and noticed a few pimples and stopped using it. Could it be that my skin was congested from that and it just now caught up with it? Anyway, now I'm just rambling, just hoping that this will go away because I got so used to having clear skin for so long... ;(. Thanks.

post-150077-0-88395600-1406415385_thumb.

post-150077-0-26400200-1406415399_thumb.

post-150077-0-88395600-1406415385_thumb.

post-150077-0-26400200-1406415399_thumb.

MemberMember
(@emily54)

Posted : 07/26/2014 9:03 pm

My acne came back about 2 years after my first course. Did a second course and was clear for another two years, and then it came back again after I went off birth control. It creeped up over a few months. That was 7 years ago and I still have it. Sorry I know that is not what you want to hear. Hope it clears for you!