Notifications
Clear all

Accutane For Mild Persistent Acne

MemberMember
(@alexphill1)

Posted : 04/17/2014 10:24 am

Main Q: accutane in the summer?

Hi all:

I'm a 15 year old girl who is been going to a dermatologist since age of ten for mild persistent hormonal and genetic acne. I have been on literally every topical (epiduo, aczone, clindamycin, etc.) and oral medication (doxycyclin, minocyclin, etc,). I've also tried eating paleo and natural medications and nothing works. Right now I'm on epiduo, and 100 mg of minocyclin a day. I did a chemical peel two weeks ago and saw improvement after but now my skin is just going back to normal (closed comedones all over Forhead and slight break outs on cheeks)

My derm said it might be time to try out Isotretinoin, and after talking to my parents I feel ready for it.

My only question is: how intense was your sun sensitivity? I go to summer camp for two weeks in June and am in the sun a lot. Will just constantly applying sunscreen be enough? Thanks

MemberMember
(@missvania)

Posted : 04/21/2014 10:57 am

Sunscreen is a must, but you have to avoid being in the sun. Even with a sunblock on, you can get serious sunburn, so it's better safe than sorry... The sun sensitivity increases with higher dosages of Accutane.