Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invisiblenetrix

My Positive Experience With Aha+ For Hyper Pigmentations!

Posted

Hey all,

So I wanted to share with everyone my red mark/ hyper pigmentation healing process that has drastically reduced the time it takes for the marks to disappear from taking 12 to 24 months to 4 - 6 months.

I have been suffering acne since my early days in high school and I'm now 28 (turning 29 next month) years old. I have worked out that I will suffer from severe acne during summer times and also periods where I lose self control and cave in to eating oily food. Going by that, every year I break out at least once and when that happens cystic acne will be a vicious cycle for roughly 3-4 months. When the calm finally arrives, my skin will be left with hyper pigmentation when left unassisted - would usually take a year or two for it to heal on its own.

So in the last year, I have been using Dan's acne.org AHA+ moisturiser and let me just say - this thing is amazing! By applying this thing 2-3 times a week my hyper pigmentations now take 4 - 6 months to COMPLETELY heal as opposed to just doing nothing and taking up to 2 years to heal.

I'm not sure if it's also contributing but I apply an ice pack on my active pimples which also hits the spot of the hyper pigmentation for around 15 mins every night (as I catch up with some tv shows). As for the AHA+ I will apply it to my face around 3 times a week just before I go to bed and now 3 months later, I would say my hyper pigmentation has lightened up by up to 70%!

Just wanted to share that with anyone who is looking for a solution to give the AHA a go. Even when I don't have active pimples I would religiously apply the ice pack on my hyper pigmentation as I feel it is doing something.

Also I would like to add I'm not taking zinc as well - but can't say that I have seen evidence of it doing anything.

Posted

Hey, I'm really glad you were able to achieve a solution for your problem, I have a quick question, would you recommend the AHA treatment as you used it for redness and scarring around the cheeks and neck?

Posted

Hey, I'm really glad you were able to achieve a solution for your problem, I have a quick question, would you recommend the AHA treatment as you used it for redness and scarring around the cheeks and neck?

yup definitely. I break out heavily on the right side of my cheek for some reason so application to my cheek is where I apply it the most. Also you will fine a slight tingling sensation when you apply it to an area where there's expose underneath the skin. What I mean by that is I pop my pimples a lot and if you apply AHA+ to where you just popped it, you will feel a tingling sensation.

So I highly recommend AHA+ for redness and hyper-pig anywhere on the face and neck from experience. As for scarring, I'm not sure if it will help it disappear but I can tell you one thing, AHA+ makes my skin really smooth.