Notifications
Clear all

My Life Is Over

MemberMember
(@pizzafaceboy)

Posted : 04/10/2014 10:31 pm

Every day i look in the mirror , i have decently clear skin, not many break outs, BUT this is only because i am so reliant on the regimen loading buckets of chemicals onto my face DAILY non stop. My skin has become so dependent on these chemicals that if i don't use the products FOR ONE DAY my face looks like sand paper. Literally, if i come out of the shower my face is PEELED and super dry and i have to slap a ton of mosturizer. I need help, i don't want to need to mosturize my skin for my entire life! IT TAKES 2 HOURS TO ABSORB!!!!!!!! I need advice.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/10/2014 11:39 pm

Yeah I used to have this when I was on the regimen/coming off the regimen. I would recommend using a topical retinoid to restore normal skin turnover. I would also stop using any other topicals except for perhaps a mild cleanser no more than once daily.

Alternatively, you could risk a low dose isotretinoin treatment, and forego all topicals altogether.

In either case, I would recommend improving your diet as well if you haven't already. The paleo diet is my go-to.

MemberMember
(@hockeyfan99)

Posted : 04/11/2014 2:54 am

Drink water and eat more healthy.

Water is huge for everything. When your body is hydrated and clean it can produce at the way it's suppose to

That's when you go out and drink you are suppose to drink water through the day and after because it increases your body vanuariblity

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/11/2014 3:55 am

Every day i look in the mirror , i have decently clear skin, not many break outs, BUT this is only because i am so reliant on the regimen loading buckets of chemicals onto my face DAILY non stop. My skin has become so dependent on these chemicals that if i don't use the products FOR ONE DAY my face looks like sand paper. Literally, if i come out of the shower my face is PEELED and super dry and i have to slap a ton of mosturizer. I need help, i don't want to need to mosturize my skin for my entire life! IT TAKES 2 HOURS TO ABSORB!!!!!!!! I need advice.

if i was you, give your face a rest from all these harsh chemicals / moisturisers & keep it simple for a few weeks.

just use a non comedogenic soap & use a thin amount of sudocrem.

MemberMember
(@marie4u)

Posted : 04/11/2014 8:48 am

drink plenty of water.

MemberMember
(@anthonykell)

Posted : 04/12/2014 5:34 am

Hello,

Being dependent on this regime is certainly not a nice way to be.

Try something else, such as a simpler, more natural routine. Use a light moisturiser during the day and a heavier night cream for night (this will hopefully help with the dry skin). Use a regular face wash twice a day.

You will have to give your skin time to get used to such a routine, but it could well help. It seems your current routine is simply keeping your acne below the surface.

I hope this helps.