Notifications
Clear all

Ice Pick Scar On Nose Tip

MemberMember
(@chrissybear)

Posted : 01/22/2014 11:56 pm

Hi I have an ice pick scar on the tip of my nose that really has upset my confidence and my life. I'm wondering if anyone has had any success in improving a nose tip scar and by what method. I've read that the nose is hard to treat and I've also heard the opposite. So has anyone had any success?

MemberMember
(@db12)

Posted : 02/08/2014 1:09 am

do you mind posting pictures of the scar ?

MemberMember
(@chrissybear)

Posted : 02/09/2014 11:01 pm

This is a pic. Its hard to pick up with the camera. Its on the tip. It's way more noticeable in real life.

post-372705-0-48845000-1392004858_thumb.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 02/11/2014 11:23 pm

Same here :/

Got numerous of those on my nose.

MemberMember
(@janey44)

Posted : 03/29/2014 1:28 pm

Whatever you do stay away from lasers!!! I tried Fraxel restore and I we'd up with more ice pick scars. I think this is a really hard problem to solve. From what I've read the nose is the hardest place to fix scars. I have many scars and lots of enlarged pores. My nose is a true mess.

MemberMember
(@chrissybear)

Posted : 06/01/2014 5:28 am

I'm considering tca cross done by a professional. I've read a few success stories with that method on the nose tip. but I'm skeptical. I'm terrified to make it worse. also possibly single needling.

Anyone have experience with either of those being done on the nose tip?

MemberMember
(@lenlenlen)

Posted : 11/05/2014 11:38 pm

I'm considering tca cross done by a professional. I've read a few success stories with that method on the nose tip. but I'm skeptical. I'm terrified to make it worse. also possibly single needling.

Hi there. I also have a nose scar, an icepick scar at the upper left side of my nasal fold i guess. Any updates here? I heard that the nose might respond well with TCA cross 50% but I also read that it could cause deeper scars. So please be extremely careful if you want to try this and do lots of research.

MemberMember
(@lenlenlen)

Posted : 11/16/2014 11:47 pm

I was also able to chat with a OP here who had nose scars, different ones like icepicks and also made the texture of his nose not smooth. He said that the texture improved after many months of TCA crossing, but the indents, if not very minimal, did not actually heal.

Please keep us updated, let us not lose hope. We are all fighting.

MemberMember
(@chrissybear)

Posted : 02/24/2015 10:05 pm

Did he mean the texture of the normal skin on his nose improved or the texture of the scared skin? I wonder if the scar improved just not the deepest most center of the ice pick. Is that what he meant about the indents not healing? or is the indents from applying tca? I worry that whatever method used be it tca cross or laser or whatever, that improvement might mean shallower but wider. does anyone know if thats true?

MemberMember
(@tracyyy)

Posted : 03/27/2015 10:32 pm

Did you have the TCA cross done? Any updates?

MemberMember
(@lenlenlen)

Posted : 04/01/2015 10:43 pm

I really dont know we shoyld try amd see lol. His name is terror firmer. :) pm him.

I really dont know we shoyld try amd see lol. His name is terror firmer. :) pm him.

MemberMember
(@leckyloo)

Posted : 10/12/2016 9:30 pm

Any update?

I also have an ice pick scar on my nose tip so I know what you're going through (current pic).  I am  myself wondering about CTA Cross. I worry my scar is too wide, and also how scabby or discouloured the healing process will be. Still looking for proof of what it might look like.

20161012_221028.jpg

MemberMember
(@altaf-raja)

Posted : 05/07/2018 7:19 pm

Any update today 2018 maybe someone has improvement in their scars

MemberMember
(@abraxas21)

Posted : 07/24/2018 6:06 pm

I have a nose tip scar. I tried subcision with 20-30% improvement. Had a second treatment a few days ago.

MemberMember
(@altaf-raja)

Posted : 08/04/2018 8:50 pm

On 7/25/2018 at 4:36 AM, abraxas21 said:

I have a nose tip scar. I tried subcision with 20-30% improvement. Had a second treatment a few days ago.

Any improvement in your second treatment

MemberMember
(@abraxas21)

Posted : 08/05/2018 6:41 pm

21 hours ago, Altaf raja said:
On 24/7/2018 at 7:06 PM, abraxas21 said:

Any improvement in your second treatment

Yes, it's probably the most marked improvement so far. It's been exactly two weeks now and I'd rate it as 50-60% compared to its previous state. Right after the Second subcision, the improvement looked like 90% though, which probably means some of the nose skin retethered as the days went by, or maybe it simply was the swelling.

I did get bruising and hyperpigmentation, and my scar is still red after the procedure, which makes it more noticeable.

Despite the improvements, my scar is still noticeable under several lightings though. It's a really minor scar, probably about 1 mm in diameter and now around 0.1-0.2 mm. depth (i'd say before any treatments it was around 0.4-0.5 in depth). However, it's incredibly noticeable for its size, probably due to its location right on the nose tip. If it were in any other part of my face, I'd probably leave it alone at this point.

I will get a third treatment in about a week. Will let you know how it goes with pictures if you're interested.

MemberMember
(@abraxas21)

Posted : 08/21/2018 8:11 am

So far I'd rate the first treatment success at 20% and second treatment at 50%. It's hard to tell, though. Images can be deceiving, especially considering that I tend to look at my scar it everyday on multiple ocassions. However, the way I know it improved is that I am not able to feel the dent to the touch whereas before I definititely could.

Anyhow, I had a third subcision on my nose tip scar yesterday, 29 days after the second treatment. We'll see how it goes.

MemberMember
(@emaan4262)

Posted : 08/23/2018 6:00 am

On 8/21/2018 at 6:11 PM, abraxas21 said:

So far I'd rate the first treatment success at 20% and second treatment at 50%. It's hard to tell, though. Images can be deceiving, especially considering that I tend to look at my scar it everyday on multiple ocassions. However, the way I know it improved is that I am not able to feel the dent to the touch whereas before I definititely could.

Anyhow, I had a third subcision on my nose tip scar yesterday, 29 days after the second treatment. We'll see how it goes.

Hey i have the exact same scar as u but my scar is slightly towards the right side.
I had my first subcision done bout a month ago. The doctor said he saw 30% improvement. I would really appreciate if u can update me bout how much your scar has improved. My doc is also adding fillers to it. Because of its location its very noticable even its as small as yours. I hope this works out for u well

MemberMember
(@abraxas21)

Posted : 08/23/2018 11:49 pm

17 hours ago, Emaan4262 said:
Hey i have the exact same scar as u but my scar is slightly towards the right side.
I had my first subcision done bout a month ago. The doctor said he saw 30% improvement. I would really appreciate if u can update me bout how much your scar has improved. My doc is also adding fillers to it. Because of its location its very noticable even its as small as yours. I hope this works out for u well

Thanks for the wishes. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

May I ask you how you obtained your scar? Was it acne or something else?

MemberMember
(@emaan4262)

Posted : 08/24/2018 7:57 am

No it was a result of chickenpox scarring.

MemberMember
(@ht3drexgmail-com)

Posted : 08/03/2022 3:45 pm

On 8/24/2018 at 5:49 AM, abraxas21 said:

Thanks for the wishes. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

after many years how would you rate your experience?

How did the pitted acne scar on your nose heal 0 - 100% ?