Notifications
Clear all

Scar Cure

MemberMember
(@whattobehandsome30)

Posted : 01/23/2014 5:51 am

Hello everyone , my fellow acne and scar sufferers ..... i was just wondering ... do any of you believe that one day that there would be a cure for scarring ... yeah maybe we can make the indents flat and smooth though enough treatment .... but am talking a real cure like being able to regenerate the lost sweat glands and hair follicles that are destroyed through acne and he scarring with it .... or would it be a pipe dream ..... i can't imagine it happening ... but a guy can dream ... it sucks that i go and train and lift weights for not being able to sweat as much as i did when my didn't have a single acne scar on my face ....i envy the sweaty people !!! lol jk .... any way what are your opinions will medical science get to that point in 20 years from now or is it basically just wishful thinking .... take care and may we all one day be blessed of a cure for this horrible skin disease and the scarring ... take care peace.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 01/26/2014 1:21 pm

I think with the proper stem cell research a cure is possible. At present the ablative fractionalized CO2 laser is your best option, but I have seen so many medical advances in my lifetime that I know better than ignore science. The problem I have is that a scar is already the bodies answer to healing so we are looking for a different reaction by the body, and this is not an easy thing. Heart disease was considered irreversible just 30 years ago, but Dr. Dean Ornish has proven that not only can it be reversed with a dramatic change in lifestyle, but also genes can be turned on and off, and telomeres can be lengthened. This is basically reversing aging, at least internally, and possibly externally. I followed his program 4 years ago and I was down to my HS weight, and I was walking 6-8 miles a day, meditating and doing Yoga, and weight training. I was in better shape than I had been in 30 years. I allowed social activity to ruin my plan. Now I must return to where I was.

As most of you know I am much older than most. My success with Fraxel Re:pair brought me into a new ballgame, and I was like a kid in a candy store, making up for my many years of scars and being married. I am basically down to 2 girls, and one of those is 1400 miles away, but she just reminded me of a promise we made that if we weren't married in 4 years when I retire that we would get married, and I would move back to Florida. She is way too young and way too pretty, but we get along great.

You all may be young now, but that won't last forever. Quit concentrating on what the Kardashians are doing and take a good hard look at the work of Dr. Ornish. Dr. Ornish is the doctor that straightened out President Clinton's health. Take a good hard look at Retin-A, avoid the sun or use sunscreen religiously, follow the Ornish Plan to the T, and you will be glad you did.

MemberMember
(@whattobehandsome30)

Posted : 01/26/2014 2:32 pm

I think with the proper stem cell research a cure is possible. At present the ablative fractionalized CO2 laser is your best option, but I have seen so many medical advances in my lifetime that I know better than ignore science. The problem I have is that a scar is already the bodies answer to healing so we are looking for a different reaction by the body, and this is not an easy thing. Heart disease was considered irreversible just 30 years ago, but Dr. Dean Ornish has proven that not only can it be reversed with a dramatic change in lifestyle, but also genes can be turned on and off, and telomeres can be lengthened. This is basically reversing aging, at least internally, and possibly externally. I followed his program 4 years ago and I was down to my HS weight, and I was walking 6-8 miles a day, meditating and doing Yoga, and weight training. I was in better shape than I had been in 30 years. I allowed social activity to ruin my plan. Now I must return to where I was.

As most of you know I am much older than most. My success with Fraxel Re:pair brought me into a new ballgame, and I was like a kid in a candy store, making up for my many years of scars and being married. I am basically down to 2 girls, and one of those is 1400 miles away, but she just reminded me of a promise we made that if we weren't married in 4 years when I retire that we would get married, and I would move back to Florida. She is way too young and way too pretty, but we get along great.

You all may be young now, but that won't last forever. Quit concentrating on what the Kardashians are doing and take a good hard look at the work of Dr. Ornish. Dr. Ornish is the doctor that straightened out President Clinton's health. Take a good hard look at Retin-A, avoid the sun or use sunscreen religiously, follow the Ornish Plan to the T, and you will be glad you did.

Thank you for the advice brother .... i use at least a 50 spf sun screen .... wanna get 100 spf since am getting older and collagen production is winding down ... best to protect my skin