Notifications
Clear all

Dermabrasion

MemberMember
(@acnescarsarehell)

Posted : 01/22/2014 8:26 pm

Hey guys. I have been a acne scar sufferer for the last 8 years. I have done numerous lasers (CO2, Erbium, Fraxel, Smoothtouch), chemical peels, fillers, and microdermabrasions. I have to say the treatment that gave me the best results were when I finally found someone that could do a dermabrasion. After two treatments, I would say I have roughly 40% improvement. I urge anyone with boxcar/rolling scars to try it out. The healing was roughly 4-5 days. After it was just red, which does not bother me. I had roughly the same downtime for the lasers as well. However, I found with the lasers it takes so much longer for the collagen regrowth to occur. Especially after you do so many lasers.

MemberMember
(@cycloverid)

Posted : 01/22/2014 8:42 pm

What did you do post-treatment? Any special wound dressings? Did you have to wear bandages? How experienced was your doctor? Where are you from?

I've read mixed things, and I'm very wary of it considering that I was badly damaged by a CO2 laser, but I'm still interested in this.

I have 3 1cm by 1cm square raised rough patches of skin on my forehead leftover from a bad CO2 treatment from a year and a half ago. I've spoken to two doctors so far about fraxel repair and they don't think it will help that much for my particular situation. But I'm thinking maybe if I did dermabrasion with a highly skilled doctor it would have the potential help reduce and smooth out the raised skin...