Notifications
Clear all

Diet Is The Cure For Acne.....rofl

MemberMember
(@youknow1)

Posted : 01/05/2014 6:19 am

This section of the forums is really good comedy, but that's just it, nothing else. You have one major flaw in your diet curing acne theory:

You think that every human being has perfect genetics and wrong diet just causes all the problems, acne etc. Listen, diet has no effect in your skin, it's all genetics, some people has just bad cards to play with, that's it. Don't blame food for your shitty genetics! Life is ruthless, deal with it.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 01/05/2014 7:33 am

I agree that diet can help to rectify some people's issues. There are however also inert problems within some people which can not be completely managed by diet. Still, to write an entire section off without any other reason than you don't agree with it is quite disagreeable.

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 01/05/2014 7:51 am

I was just going to type 'k' but ... I will say more. We agree to disagree. While many people are healing, you are still suffering and your health is declining. My acne is so much better through this way. I would say cured but when I want a holiday treat my face explodes lol. Good luck in your journey to clear skin but don't be ignorant.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 01/05/2014 7:52 am

i generally don't agree with the op here, but for the sake of the forum let me try to help this topic:

if acne is a food allergy, or unhealthy eating, then why does it manifests itself only when puberty begins?

and why in the most cases of eradicating it, the answer is a hormonal med?

how come after bc pills you're not "gluten intollerant" anymore, etc?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/05/2014 8:20 am

This section of the forums is really good comedy, but that's just it, nothing else. You have one major flaw in your diet curing acne theory:

You think that every human being has perfect genetics and wrong diet just causes all the problems, acne etc. Listen, diet has no effect in your skin, it's all genetics, some people has just bad cards to play with, that's it. Don't blame food for your shitty genetics! Life is ruthless, deal with it.

I don't know why I'm answering another know nothing troll. Really for the benefit of others.

But no, we do not believe people have perfect genetics. We know we are genetically prone to acne. Ive even identifeid and posted about several genetically indluenced ways we are prone to acne. But just like with most other diseases this sickly culture suffers from, your genes only make you more prone to developing something. It's mostly environmental factors that cause the disease to develop. And those factors are the things you do to yourself. Your diet, your stress, your sleep, etc. can control, reduce and even reverse diabetes, heart disease, etc. and acne.

Also genes are switched on and off, expressed or not, by things you do to yourself.

i generally don't agree with the op here, but for the sake of the forum let me try to help this topic:

if acne is a food allergy, or unhealthy eating, then why does it manifests itself only when puberty begins?

Some acne is a food allergy. Also, food allergies increase the level of inflammation in the body and true acne is an inflammatory condition.

Hormones are really not the solution for many. Few males are given any hormone solution. BC mostly only helps in the type of acne that comes and goes with the menstrual cycle.

And BC absolutely would not alter any gluten intolerance.

MemberMember
(@youknow1)

Posted : 01/05/2014 8:29 am

Alternativista, I honestly think that you are a troll or just plain horrible person who just likes to trick people. I have tried every diet there is, no masturbation etc. etc. No effect to my acne.

The only things that have worked for me has been, accutane, BP and AHA. And we still don't know why people get acne, it's just speculation. Some people just are acne prone, no matter what they eat or do.

And how dare you compare diabetes to acne, you can easily cure diabetes with healthy lifestyle but you can't cure acne with healthy lifestyle.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/05/2014 8:42 am

Alternativista, I honestly think that you are a troll or just plain horrible person who just likes to trick people. I have tried every diet there is, no masturbation etc. etc. No effect to my acne.

The only things that have worked for me has been, accutane, BP and AHA. And we still don't know why people get acne, it's just speculation. Some people just are acne prone, no matter what they eat or do.

And how dare you compare diabetes to acne, you can easily cure diabetes with healthy lifestyle but you can't cure acne with healthy lifestyle.

I dare to compare because of these things called facts.

Why does every one who claims they 'tried every diet there is' then list stupidity as their examples of 'everything.'? Never once has the examples include avoidance of high glycemic impacting habits, anti-inflammatory diet, etc.

And there are many factors that lead to acne, that have been identified, nearly all affected by diet. And the same diet habits that help acne also prevent diabetes, heart disease, and will keep you from a lifetime of harmful drugs that the majority of this sickly culture suffers from.

BP and accutane fail many people and cause harm while a good diet does only good. AHAs & BHA are in my opinion good things (depending on the formula) that should only help unless ones skin is too sensitive, but many people tell me that they make them worse as well.

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 01/05/2014 8:51 am

Hey, don't forget about adult acne. :(

My acne didn't get severe until I hit 21. But there are people in later ages who develop acne (30s, 40s..). My aunt who is 58 still has cystic acne on her cheeks.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 01/05/2014 8:54 am

Some acne is a food allergy. Also, food allergies increase the level of inflammation in the body and true acne is an inflammatory condition.

Hormones are really not the solution for many. Few males are given any hormone solution. BC mostly only helps in the type of acne that comes and goes with the menstrual cycle.

there could be rashes, but that's not the issue of acne so to speak.

the inflamation thing, as i said in my first post on this forum, will lead to cysts, which i'm stubborn and disconsider it acne. that's the effect of bad heath meating acne, but the real acne imo is when we see that "hyperpigmentation" like people here call it, which i think is bacteria with it's waist, and this would humanly lead to whiteheads, no matter how heathy you are. if you're really superman-healthy, the whiteheads will heal very quick, but there's no way they won't initially appear.

if we look in the description of acne, we'll see acne appears in places that men grow hair, that it's not grown yet: chin, under the nose (moustache), jawline (beard), between eyebrows (have you seen men with almost united eyebrows? i have a neighbour like that), back (i've seen those when going to the beach, but they're rare), chest (manly chest). these are the typicall places.

if this theory is right, then girls have hormonal>androgen problems and there are 2 obvious solutions:

1. help their beard,etc grow.

2. make the body not wanting to grow beard/etc

i assume they go with the second choise

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/05/2014 8:58 am

there could be rashes, but that's not the issue of acne so to speak.

the inflamation thing, as i said in my first post on this forum, will lead to cysts, which i'm stubborn and disconsider it acne. that's the effect of bad heath meating acne, but the real acne imo is when we see that "hyperpigmentation" like people here call it, which i think is bacteria with it's waist, and this would humanly lead to whiteheads, no matter how heathy you are. if you're really superman-healthy, the whiteheads will heal very quick, but there's no way they won't initially appear.

if we look in the description of acne, we'll see acne appears in places that men grow hair, that it's not grown yet: chin, under the nose (moustache), jawline (beard), between eyebrows (have you seen men with almost united eyebrows? i have a neighbour like that), back (i've seen those when going to the beach, but they're rare), chest (manly chest). these are the typicall places.

if this theory is right, then girls have hormonal>androgen problems and there are 2 obvious solutions:

1. help their beard,etc grow.

2. make the body not wanting to grow beard/etc

i assume they go with the second choise

No, inflammation is at the root of acne formation, not just cysts. It initiates the malformed cells that do not exfoliate freely.

'Acne' in the beard areas is not acne. It's folliculitus.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 01/05/2014 9:01 am

Hey, don't forget about adult acne. sad.png

My acne didn't get severe until I hit 21. But there are people in later ages who develop acne (30s, 40s..). My aunt who is 58 still has cystic acne on her cheeks.

then wait till you get 27, then u'll see how severe your acne will get. i assume balding starts in the twenties, so that's my explanation. also your aunt may compete with her bridegroom regarding testosteron balance. lol sorry for the sarcasm

MemberMember
(@idk111)

Posted : 01/05/2014 9:04 am

then wait till you get 27, then u'll see how severe your acne will get. i assume balding starts in the twenties, so that's my explanation. also your aunt may compete with her bridegroom regarding testosteron. lol sorry for the sarcasm

Hi,

I do not suffer from acne anymore because of diet changes. I feel like if I listened to people like you... I would just wait and wait til I'm pushed to go on Accutane and have my face full of scars. It is people like alternativista that gave me hope, and to not go by mainstream ideas. I am done here.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 01/05/2014 9:11 am

No, inflammation is at the root of acne formation, not just cysts. It initiates the malformed cells that do not exfoliate freely.

..hope you're right, i wish you are

then wait till you get 27, then u'll see how severe your acne will get. i assume balding starts in the twenties, so that's my explanation. also your aunt may compete with her bridegroom regarding testosteron. lol sorry for the sarcasm

Hi,

I do not suffer from acne anymore because of diet changes. I feel like if I listened to people like you... I would just wait and wait til I'm pushed to go on Accutane and have my face full of scars. It is people like alternativista that gave me hope, and to not go by mainstream ideas. I am done here.

i think i leave more alternatives than alternetivista lol

no problem, as long as you're clear and healthy. (and you're not losing weight)

MemberMember
(@youknow1)

Posted : 01/05/2014 9:15 am

I have tried eating just vegetables and extra virgin olive oil for many months, no effect in anything. I started to get acne when I was 13, now I'm 30, and my acne has always been inflammatory acne.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 01/05/2014 9:20 am

youknow1, you know you should avoid the gym right? stick to playing volleyball in the the park with little girls, they should indicate the right workout threshold for us.

MemberMember
(@plumpcaboose)

Posted : 01/05/2014 10:13 am

You make a fundamental human error of projecting your own experiences onto other people. Everyone is different and reacts to different things.

I have tried eating just vegetables and extra virgin olive oil for many months, no effect in anything. I started to get acne when I was 13, now I'm 30, and my acne has always been inflammatory acne.

MemberMember
(@youknow1)

Posted : 01/05/2014 10:37 am

You make a fundamental human error of projecting your own experiences onto other people. Everyone is different and reacts to different things.

If you've had acne for so long and nothing works, I would suggest you stop doing everything. I assume you still have a skin care regime and avoid certain foods. Stop everything completely and try to forget about your skin for a few months. Just wash it once or twice a day with lukewarm water for 20 seconds. Don't avoid any foods, but don't eat unhealthily either. Stop all supplements and tablets you take as well. I'd also recommend getting all your vitamin levels tested, especially Vitamin A, D, E and Zinc.

Good luck.

This is the other thing I hate about the diet section of this forum: people don't know how to READ in this section! I already said that what works for me is accutane, BP and AHA. Now I just use BP face wash every night, let it stay on my skin 2-3 minutes and wash off and I'm 100% clear.

I did what you suggested last summer and oh boy I was fucked! I had so bad acne, it was a fucking nightmare.

I see that alternativista has ran back to the troll forest when her theories got proven wrong.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/05/2014 2:04 pm

People seem to often confuse necessary and sufficient conditions. Why does acne usually manifest when puberty begins? Because sebum overproduction driven by hormones is a necessary condition for acne. It is not a sufficient condition for acne - sebum overproduction alone will not cause acne. So the simple answer is that a necessary condition is not being fulfilled, and thus no acne.

Why is the answer a hormonal med? Only really in women. Most acne medicines do not tinker with hormones. But for those who do take a hormonal medication, all they're doing is forcing a necessary condition for acne - one of may - to not be satisfied. Of course, a necessary condition is not the same as a cause. You can unsatisfy any number of necessary conditions without addressing the cause of the acne, which is what most of our medicines do. I'm using cause here to mean the sufficient condition for acne that does not rely on any other sufficient conditions in a human system at equilibrium.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/05/2014 2:21 pm

This is the other thing I hate about the diet section of this forum: people don't know how to READ in this section! I already said that what works for me is accutane, BP and AHA. Now I just use BP face wash every night, let it stay on my skin 2-3 minutes and wash off and I'm 100% clear.

I did what you suggested last summer and oh boy I was fucked! I had so bad acne, it was a fucking nightmare.

I see that alternativista has ran back to the troll forest when her theories got proven wrong.

You seem to be suggesting that the incidence of acne has remained stable over that last few thousand years. If it was purely genetic and there was no interaction with environment, this would be the observation. This is not the case, so you're wrong. You can question which specific environmental interaction is a trigger of acne. This is still a subject of a lot of research, and there is probably no one answer.

Acne is a display that something is wrong within your body. Think about smallpox; red dots on your skin warn others to stay away; your immune system creates them to decrease the likelihood of spreading whatever it is you have. There are many diseases that result in similar rashes or dots and for the same reason, and in each case the dots are not a manifestation of the disease, but rather a manifestation of your immune response. With acne, your body is warning others to stay away, because something is wrong.

Now let's take an evolutionary perspective. Would this trait of warning others to stay away during our most crucial social years be evolutionary beneficial for everyone to have? No, of course it wouldn't be. The moment someone comes along who does not suffer from acne in a population where all of the individuals innately have acne, their genes would be selected for. They would get more mates. They would have more social bonds and a bigger social network. They would have more resources, and more people to watch their back. The acne gene would disappear very quickly - unless it was meant to keep others away for a good reason (one that increases net fitness), and was triggered only in certain circumstances.

And so by evolutionary logic, you're also wrong. Of course, could have just pointed out that hunter-gatherers do not suffer from acne, teenage or otherwise, but now you see some of the logic behind that observation.

In short, it seems incredibly shortsighted of you to suggest that acne is purely genetic and has no environmental triggers or interactions. More importantly, though, I think it's best to remember that nobody has a cure for everyone; doctors have cures for some, and diet has cures for others. Once we find the cause of acne (which we have yet to do, after all these years), we'll be better able to determine just what exactly is going on.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/05/2014 2:27 pm

Your 30 and still have acne. Oh man you must be doing something wrong. Must be them whey brotein

MemberMember
(@youknow1)

Posted : 01/05/2014 3:11 pm

You seem to be suggesting that the incidence of acne has remained stable over that last few thousand years. If it was purely genetic and there was no interaction with environment, this would be the observation. This is not the case, so you're wrong. You can question which specific environmental interaction is a trigger of acne. This is still a subject of a lot of research, and there is probably no one answer.

Acne is a display that something is wrong within your body. Think about smallpox; red dots on your skin warn others to stay away; your immune system creates them to decrease the likelihood of spreading whatever it is you have. There are many diseases that result in similar rashes or dots and for the same reason, and in each case the dots are not a manifestation of the disease, but rather a manifestation of your immune response. With acne, your body is warning others to stay away, because something is wrong.

Now let's take an evolutionary perspective. Would this trait of warning others to stay away during our most crucial social years be evolutionary beneficial for everyone to have? No, of course it wouldn't be. The moment someone comes along who does not suffer from acne in a population where all of the individuals innately have acne, their genes would be selected for. They would get more mates. They would have more social bonds and a bigger social network. They would have more resources, and more people to watch their back. The acne gene would disappear very quickly - unless it was meant to keep others away for a good reason (one that increases net fitness), and was triggered only in certain circumstances.

And so by evolutionary logic, you're also wrong. Of course, could have just pointed out that hunter-gatherers do not suffer from acne, teenage or otherwise, but now you see some of the logic behind that observation.

In short, it seems incredibly shortsighted of you to suggest that acne is purely genetic and has no environmental triggers or interactions. More importantly, though, I think it's best to remember that nobody has a cure for everyone; doctors have cures for some, and diet has cures for others. Once we find the cause of acne (which we have yet to do, after all these years), we'll be better able to determine just what exactly is going on.

ROFL.

Your 30 and still have acne. Oh man you must be doing something wrong. Must be them whey brotein

I don't have acne, I'm acne prone.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 01/05/2014 3:23 pm

only the human MIND can be capable of suicidal thoughts. nature's issue is only surviving. imagine ur the only male in the world, that could be a posibility, and your body is saying please don't mate with me ?!?! nature is not that dumb..

the reverse is indeed in full effect. individuals trying hard to grow long useless necks like giraffes, useless big hair like lions, and who is doing well enough can achive this stupid requirement, but the opposite (tell others to stay away from you) can never be true.

MemberMember
(@youknow1)

Posted : 01/05/2014 3:31 pm

Come on man, it's useless to argue with Quetzlcoatl, he's whole thinking is flawed. He is saying that every thing in nature has a meaning, what about cancer? What's the meaning in cancer, why some people get cancer? Why my friend who was 12 died from lung cancer and he was the most athletic person in my school by far, never got the chance to even try alcohol or cigarettes, perfect mate for every female.

You're so far from the truth that it isn't even funny anymore.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 01/05/2014 3:51 pm

People seem to often confuse necessary and sufficient conditions. Why does acne usually manifest when puberty begins? Because sebum overproduction driven by hormones is a necessary condition for acne. It is not a sufficient condition for acne - sebum overproduction alone will not cause acne. So the simple answer is that a necessary condition is not being fulfilled, and thus no acne.

Why is the answer a hormonal med? Only really in women. Most acne medicines do not tinker with hormones. But for those who do take a hormonal medication, all they're doing is forcing a necessary condition for acne - one of may - to not be satisfied. Of course, a necessary condition is not the same as a cause. You can unsatisfy any number of necessary conditions without addressing the cause of the acne, which is what most of our medicines do. I'm using cause here to mean the sufficient condition for acne that does not rely on any other sufficient conditions in a human system at equilibrium.

function acne($necessary_condition1, $necessary_condition2) {

$verdict;

if ($necessary_condition1 == true && $necessary_condition2 == true) {

$verdict= "ur fu*ked";}

else ($verdict= "ur ok"; }

echo $verdict;

}

lol

MemberMember
(@dancedd)

Posted : 01/05/2014 4:40 pm

Yes and No to the OP. I am 33 and do avoid gluten, soy and most dairy consistently for over over 2 years now. I am definitely not 100% clear. But my skin is better with it. I am also "lucky" enough to have to constantly use B.P. in addition to the diet. lol And accutane and other drugs did not help me. At this point I wish I was one of those people that was 100% clear from diet and/or drugs to be honest. But now its sort of manageable with about 80% clear. I will take that I guess. lol