Notifications
Clear all

My Scarring & Needed Advice

MemberMember
(@classicalworld)

Posted : 09/25/2013 2:40 am

Hey everyone! I've been really hesitant to post pictures of my scarring here, but I really do want all the help possible. I've been so down about my scars this whole year.They're only about a year old. I also still have some hyperpigmentation and some overall redness.

Sooooo... here are some photos of my atrophic scarring (yes, I am female). I haven't seen a dermatologist about my scarring yet because I'm afraid of being talked into something I don't want. I hope to find a dermatologist who offers dermaroller/dermastamp/dermapen treatments. What do you guys think? What would be my best option? I want the least invasive treatment(s) possible...any advice?

Thanks!

post-170418-0-77372800-1380094077.jpgpost-170418-0-32777900-1380094078.jpgpost-170418-0-72145000-1380094089.jpgpost-170418-0-27580400-1380094091.jpgpost-170418-0-45365700-1380094101.jpgpost-170418-0-09292000-1380094102.jpg

post-170418-0-77372800-1380094077.jpg

post-170418-0-32777900-1380094078.jpg

post-170418-0-72145000-1380094089.jpg

post-170418-0-27580400-1380094091.jpg

post-170418-0-45365700-1380094101.jpg

post-170418-0-09292000-1380094102.jpg

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 09/25/2013 5:47 am

least invasive would be derma rolling - not sure where you live, but search around for a professional, or if you are diligent about sterilization and brave enough to do it yourself there are plenty of threads here that will walk you through it.

check out the posts from quirky fox, big successes from derma rolling

my acne scars are very concentrated so I use a dermastamp only 0.5mm, but I use it about every 10 days, I'm a nut about keeping it clean and technique- and the 0.5mm is a home use size....a professional will use 1.5mm or higher, I'm just not that brave....but I have seen results from my home use of the 0.5mm, wish I wrote down when I started, but it's been several months and there are definite improvements

not good to do over active acne though, if yours is under control I would find a professional in your area and at least go for a consultation

good luck!

MemberMember
(@hopeful503)

Posted : 09/25/2013 2:09 pm

How old are you? You look young, which will help with the healing. I have similar pitting on my forehead and am going to start dermarolling this week as well.

BTW, you mentioned your scars are new. Have you gotten your acne under control? If so, what worked for you? I'm a little afraid to start needling because I do have breakouts here and there. I don't want to exacerbate anything. Are you concerned at all about that?

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 09/25/2013 2:24 pm

good thing to be concerned over, needling a single scar that is not active would be fine....but rolling everywhere is not a good idea with active acne

MemberMember
(@pursuit-of-happyness)

Posted : 09/25/2013 3:36 pm

you have moderate,severe boxcar scars,,, and i think you need aggressive treatments to get best results..

although i believe in micro needling(derma roller,dermapen ,Edermastamp) but i think you need thing more aggressive ,like aggressive subcision + fractional co2 laser(and i mean here total fx laser or fraxel repair ) and may be fillers also,, you maybe need 2 or 3 rounds for best results ..

i know what you feel exactly !!! , i'm here in the same boat ,work and wait for something make me happy .. so i advise you before any thing ,do your research and go for many doctor's consultations till find the best for you...i hope the best for you

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 09/25/2013 6:01 pm

Skip the sidesteps and jump straight to Fraxel Re:pair at high intensity.

MemberMember
(@classicalworld)

Posted : 09/25/2013 9:43 pm

least invasive would be derma rolling - not sure where you live, but search around for a professional, or if you are diligent about sterilization and brave enough to do it yourself there are plenty of threads here that will walk you through it.

check out the posts from quirky fox, big successes from derma rolling

my acne scars are very concentrated so I use a dermastamp only 0.5mm, but I use it about every 10 days, I'm a nut about keeping it clean and technique- and the 0.5mm is a home use size....a professional will use 1.5mm or higher, I'm just not that brave....but I have seen results from my home use of the 0.5mm, wish I wrote down when I started, but it's been several months and there are definite improvements

not good to do over active acne though, if yours is under control I would find a professional in your area and at least go for a consultation

good luck!

mrsrobinson, thank you so much for your reply! I'm not brave enough to dermaroll on myself. I'm terrifieddddd I'll make things worse. Maybe I'll have a go at it in the future when I've thoroughly done my research. But for now I'll definitely stick to a professional if I choose to go the dermarolling route. How do you like 0.5mm dermastamp? What are your results thus far? Also, may I ask where you purchased yours? Is it easy to use? Ahhh, sorry for all the questions!

How old are you? You look young, which will help with the healing. I have similar pitting on my forehead and am going to start dermarolling this week as well.

BTW, you mentioned your scars are new. Have you gotten your acne under control? If so, what worked for you? I'm a little afraid to start needling because I do have breakouts here and there. I don't want to exacerbate anything. Are you concerned at all about that?

Hey hopeful503! I'm 23...I look younger than I am. Hopefully there is still hope for healing. rolleyes.gif For the most part my acne is under control. I've had moderate acne for about 10 years, until I got off hormonal birth control. That's when all hell broke loose and my acne became severe. I do get a few spots every once in a while, but they're almost never in the areas where I have scarring. In the past, I have seen several dermatologists and been on several different topicals and antibiotics. I never went the accutane route. Last year, when my acne got really bad, I went the holistic route and got extremely good results. My acne got better in a matter of months. I basically fixed up my diet and used all natural/food grade products as skin care. I too, am afraid of needling on my own. I would definitely go to a professional. Eeep!

you have moderate,severe boxcar scars,,, and i think you need aggressive treatments to get best results..

although i believe in micro needling(derma roller,dermapen ,Edermastamp) but i think you need thing more aggressive ,like aggressive subcision + fractional co2 laser(and i mean here total fx laser or fraxel repair ) and may be fillers also,, you maybe need 2 or 3 rounds for best results ..

i know what you feel exactly !!! , i'm here in the same boat ,work and wait for something make me happy .. so i advise you before any thing ,do your research and go for many doctor's consultations till find the best for you...i hope the best for you

Hi pursuit of happyness! Thank you so much for you input! I will definitely be doing lots of research before I decide, and I will also get some consultations to see what the risks would be. Have you had any of these procedures done on yourself? I think, if anything, I would try microneedling first, and if that doesn't work I'd move on to the more aggressive procedures. I am so afraid of the risks involved with those.

Skip the sidesteps and jump straight to Fraxel Re:pair at high intensity.

Is there a reason you advise this? I'm just curious...I'm afraid of anything that may make my scars worse. sad.png Though, thank you for your reply rolleyes.gif

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 09/26/2013 6:18 am

ClassicWorld, I don't beat around the bush when I believe Re:pair is the only thing that will satisfy you. You can mess around with other treatments for years, but eventually you will come to Re:pair. You will need multiple Re:pairs at 60-70mj. Your scars are not that different from what mine were. I went through Dermabrasion, Regular CO2, and Dermaroller before finding Re:pair. Anything less than Re:pair will never get you where you want to go. DeepFX is the only viable alternative to Re:pair. Search for a doctor experienced in one of these 2 lasers and your skin type.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 09/26/2013 6:29 am

I bought the dermastamp on amazon, and again I sterilize before and after - I have a few scars, indented that I work on, I stamp hard ~6 times then follow up with copper peptides, super cp serum...I stamp about every 10 days or so....red with pinpoint bleeding that night, slightly red the next day

It has been several months and my skin is tighter, and the indentations are filling up. Like others will say, when you go slowly it takes a while....but for me it's my routine, and the continued improvements keep me going. but I'm a baby with the 0.5mm stamp...but for me it works

It's cheap and there is no downtime, just the night you do it you have some pinpoint bleeding and swelling.

Yes I agree with the poster above, if you have lots of money and you are unemployed or can work from home then by all means, do the re:pair or go the laser route.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 09/26/2013 6:39 am

U need to control your active acne first before doing any scar treatments.

MemberMember
(@zynko)

Posted : 09/26/2013 6:54 pm

I totally agree with Dudley, I have similar scars, not so much on forehead but mostly around cheeks & mouth(hormonal). I have tried chemical peels, tca peels, smartxide laser, mesotherapy, fillers etc, go for Fraxel Repair, do it 1x every 6 to 12 months, you will see results, however dont expect any miracles after 1 treatment, with lasers you must take good after care to get the best results.