Notifications
Clear all

Random Bouts Of Acne?

MemberMember
(@hope2011)

Posted : 09/02/2013 4:10 pm

For the most part i've never had acne problems but was tagged with a bout of cystic acne at age 25 which then subsided a few months later after undergoing antibiotics and what not! However, it's been 2+ years since this incident and the past few months i've been getting one off deep cystic pimples (or at least thats what I think they are). They come with a vengeance - super red and painful and don't leave me for days! I've noticed they usually come after my period so could be hormonal? Not sure. I've also been undergoing some amount of stress for the past few months as i'm moving geographical locations with lots of unknown - could that be it? Still not sure. Do you think it's dairy? So many factors... if anyone can provide any insights that would be super. Does something similar happen to anyone else?

Currently I have 2 in a spot i've never had acne before in - one on the side of my nose (pretty much on the bone near my eye) and the other one, bigger and stronger right next to that (on my upper cheek - close to the nose). It's been a few days and they've only gotten bigger and redder. I tried picking on it today and when I did some pus oozed out but it just ended up making them angrier and redder! It's not at the stage of exploding yet so i think i'll have to let it run it's course for a few more days... and when I pick it i'll be left with a scar. Story of my life but what to do?!

The only thing i've been applying is tea tree oil. Havent tried the ice remedy or ibubrofen yet but will do. Any other tips are more than welcome. Will try to put up a photo of this sucker for y'all.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 09/02/2013 5:29 pm

Do you use Tea Tree Oil at its full strength? (I recommend diluting it if not - with grapeseed oil - it's great for sensitive skin)

Try not to stress about it, it will only make matters worse.

Just keep diligent with your daily routine of washing your face and be as gentle as possible.

Try BP for spot treatment - like Dan recommends in 2.5% form. Or the tea tree oil if it's providing you good results.

It very well could be dairy. A lot of acne sufferers have no idea that it's the culprit of all their skin issues. I myself have issues digesting it and have cut it from my diet completely. Try almond milk, it's a million times tastier and has more calcium than cow's milk.

MemberMember
(@hope2011)

Posted : 09/03/2013 5:50 pm

Thanks for the response - the tea tree oil i use says TEA TREE OIL 20% LOTION and I apply it directly on the acne a couple of times at night. Is that too strong? It's been 4 days and counting and this sucker and a half refuse to go... they're not even at the picking stage yet because it's so deeply ingrained. Yuck...

I will def. work on cutting out dairy and see if that makes any difference. Will also try the lemon every night theory to see if that helps. I often end up getting similar spots just once every month! SUCKS.

MemberMember
(@stephzoars)

Posted : 09/04/2013 8:23 pm

Thanks for the response - the tea tree oil i use says TEA TREE OIL 20% LOTION and I apply it directly on the acne a couple of times at night. Is that too strong? It's been 4 days and counting and this sucker and a half refuse to go... they're not even at the picking stage yet because it's so deeply ingrained. Yuck...

I will def. work on cutting out dairy and see if that makes any difference. Will also try the lemon every night theory to see if that helps. I often end up getting similar spots just once every month! SUCKS.

I just buy pure Tea Tree Oil so I can make my own concoction. What is the full list of ingredients? It could be a little too potent, maybe try mixing it with a gentle lotion and adding more and more of it until your skin is ready for full strength.

Lemon is great for you, please be sure to let me know how you feel a week or so in! 🙂

MemberMember
(@cosmicrock)

Posted : 09/05/2013 2:23 am

Yesterday, 11:49 PM

I suffered from acne for about 11 years. 8 of those years it actually affected my life for the worst. So much that I wouldnt be where i am today or be the person I am today because of it. That thought of that alone blows my mind away. It still upsets me from time to time because of what I could have done and learned in that time. But as I look at it I would never be able to help anyone like I hope I can.

I havent had acne problems in 10 years. Hell , I rarely use any cleansers anymore. I will pretty much stick to my guns on this solution because anything less would be 10 steps back and I would die trying to help at least one person understand this. Because I know others feel like its killing them or that they want to die some days. I mean I wanted to die but somehow instead I ended up willing to die for this realization... until I gave up. So I will just sum up some 6 principles to healing that came out about from the miracle I had.

Just a few facts that I learned on my own about acne that no doctor could ever tell you because he has probably never had to heal his own acne. (Plus, he would be out of business.)

First before you read this just stop whining. Stop looking for someone to make it go away for you. Its your acne. You're the one who created it ,you're the one prolonging it. Trying to whine about it on here and not take anyones advice that has put an end to the problem even though you "want a solution" is basically saying you want it. To paint a better picture its like paying a personal trainer to get in shape but instead of you lifting the weights you want him to lift them. LOL.

1. Acne is not out there trying to get you. It is not a separate entity from you. It is an extension of you. It starts in your mind ( like any other thing).

Acne thoughts + emotion( "I can't stand acne!") = Acne

2. Since it is in your mind it is created by your thoughts.And since it starts with a thought it can be ended with...no thought.

Acne thoughts - acne emotion( I can't stand acne)= Healing

3. You have an emotional attachment to acne. " I can't stand acne". It must be let go. Forgiven. But first let me emphasize any form of medicine or naturopathic home remedy, or no remedy, you wish to take has to go through this process to heal.

Forgiveness is what heals. Right now you're at "F@ck you acne". when you need to be at "Acne is ok. " Then eventually you will get to "Who's acne?"

When you cut your finger most of the time there is no grudge with the cut , so you let it heal. Its not "F@ck you cut! or F@ck you kitchen knife(well sometimes but only for a minute hehe). When you make up with a friend its not "I forgive you for breaking my Justin Bieber but when you get a chance burn in hell" Its either "I forgive you "or it what I call " No need to forgive because, I was never upset." You simply cannot have peace without letting yourself have it.

4. You have to change your mind about acne. You think it makes you ugly and unattractive. But since your so wrapped up in yourself, you've never bothered to look around and realize theres really no such thing as ugly. There is nothing unbearable to look at.

Think about it. Take a look around at people with it and without it. Does acne change how you feel about them? The ones that do have it can you tell it bothers them? Can you tell how it makes them feel at all? Usually not. And why is that? Because its all in their head! If you can't perceive a problem with your eyes then it must be in the mind, right?

5. Stop resisting the acne. Let it be there. Remember its there because you cant stand it. So for now on tell yourself its ok to have it.

Because it does not matter. ITs like bird shit on a car. Its not going to change how you feel about a car. It would never keep you from buying a car you love. You'd have to scour a car just to see it anyway. If it was a ferrari you wouldn't even care! The problem is taken care of you just need to get out of the way because you have been in the way the whole time by caring about acne.

6.The BEST ACTION to take to release your attachment to it is to affirm : "I don't care if it stays or goes, I'm not going to do this to myself anymore. I going to live my life and be happy." Then start living your life like someone who doesn't have it. Stop putting all this crap on your face. pick one cleanser use it no more than twice a day if you need that to make you feel at ease. Stop looking for zits in the bathroom for an hour. Stop picking. Stop hiding. People that don't have it don't do that crap. So stop taking it so seriously. Laugh at yourself once in awhile and spend time trying to always be laughing or doing something you enjoy.

Keep in mind if you took Accutane or something and it went away, your attitude towards it would be different. You will eventually feel "safe" but it will just take longer and cost more. Eventually you may even forget your grudge and approve of yourself and actually be happy but only conditionally. You'll never know unconditional happiness or love.

So to conclude if you can't understand at least one of these then saddle up for a long ride on a road to nowhere and good luck with your next battle. Acne's cousin cancer.