Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madidog20

Please Help

My acne scars are very superficial, and they're still healing so I'm pretty sure they'll go away on their own. However, I just had some inflamation and a pustule which I did not pick at, and it seems to have left a little indent (not a pit or a hole, just like a really shallow dip). The skin is soft, and since the pustule/inflamation just went away, will this go away on its own, or will it take microdermabrasion or laser?

Hiya! It's too early to tell. :) Typically speaking a "permanent" acne scar is one that does not disappear after one year. So don't stress right now. Be gentle with your skin, let it heal, and if in time it is not improving then you should look into treatment options. xx

thanks...yeah all this inflamation went away and they dont look like scars my face just looks a little beat up. im 17 does that give me a better chance of healing?

Yes, younger skin heals much better! Don't stress about it yet. If your skin is still inflamed/red or tender in areas then you're still healing. It's normal to see little indents from pimples after they pop or are squeezed but this does not indicate a scar. Just keep an eye on things and give your skin time to heal.