Notifications
Clear all

I Have Mild Scarring And Redness. What Are My Treatment Options?

MemberMember
(@matrixgravity)

Posted : 07/30/2013 2:20 am

Here are some pictures of how my face currently looks. As you can visibly see, I have mild scarring, as well as pretty moderate redness all over my cheeks. (Although the redness isn't very visible in the photos)

My active acne has mostly cleared up at this point, and now I'm just stuck with these annoying scars, and the redness everywhere. I just don't know where to go from here. What are my treatment options at this point?

post-151649-0-46163800-1375168821_thumb.

post-151649-0-69596200-1375168826_thumb.

post-151649-0-46163800-1375168821_thumb.

post-151649-0-69596200-1375168826_thumb.

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 07/30/2013 4:28 am

Redness = Time, Vbeam laser, IPL lasers, chemical peels etc

Scarring = Fractional co2 would probably be your best best.

Treat the scarring first.

MemberMember
(@matrixgravity)

Posted : 07/30/2013 7:52 pm

Thanks for the post. Can you please explain what "Fractional co2" is? I really don't have any idea about any of these procedures.

MemberMember
(@antlee)

Posted : 07/31/2013 9:34 am

You say that your active acne has mostly cleared but its still there in your pictures. I don't think you should go for scar treatments for now, get rid of your active acne first.

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 07/31/2013 4:59 pm

Thanks for the post. Can you please explain what "Fractional co2" is? I really don't have any idea about any of these procedures.

It's a type of laser resurfacing treatment that is used to heal acne scars.

MemberMember
(@matrixgravity)

Posted : 07/31/2013 5:24 pm

You say that your active acne has mostly cleared but its still there in your pictures. I don't think you should go for scar treatments for now, get rid of your active acne first.

Thanks for your input. You're right. I still have a small amount of active acne left, and I'm working on clearing that up. Once I finally clear up my remaining acne, then what is the next step afterwards? Treating the scars first, or treating the redness?

I see, thanks. How effective is this procedure, and do you think it would work on my skin? Would you recommend it?

MemberMember
(@ksg1996)

Posted : 07/31/2013 9:21 pm

Thanks for your input. You're right. I still have a small amount of active acne left, and I'm working on clearing that up. Once I finally clear up my remaining acne, then what is the next step afterwards? Treating the scars first, or treating the redness?

>

I see, thanks. How effective is this procedure, and do you think it would work on my skin? Would you recommend it?

Well I've never had Fractional done on my skin, so I can't really rate the procedure. What I can say is that most of those that have gone under Fractional have seen great results. I do believe you'll see results on your type of skin, so no worries.

MemberMember
(@umaid619)

Posted : 07/31/2013 9:44 pm

no need to laser, just try vitamin C serum, and vitamin C oil free moisturizer, both boost collagen production and will fade your marks slowly, i don't understand why everyone is always so keen on suggesting laser always, that should be the last option when nothing else works.