Notifications
Clear all

Hmm.. Not Really Sure What These Little Bumps Are?

MemberMember
(@joseph3561)

Posted : 07/30/2013 2:58 am

Hi everyone! I am experiencing these little small bumps like near my upper cheeks on both sides of my face! I have been using the cetephil "oil control" foam wash once every morning and the proactiv benzoyl peroxide cleanser and "repairing treatment" every night before bed. I used this regimen and seen a lot of results but! These small little bumps with no heads on them like sort of, still won't leave. Also around my neck (even behind) is all discolored like a tan ish color but it goes away as it goes down my chest and in the back it stops near where my back begins. What should I do?

post-214214-0-35001500-1375171072_thumb.

post-214214-0-35001500-1375171072_thumb.

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 07/30/2013 4:29 am

Milia maybe?

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 07/30/2013 7:08 am

Yeah looks like Milia but I could be wrong.

I had a couple round my eye and my dermatologist said to leave them and they will go away, or she can remove them with a needle.. about a week later they disappeared! I had them for a few months before that.

Maybe it was because I just started accutane and the tane got rid of them? I wouldn't know because I don't really know what they are!

Morgan

MemberMember
(@joseph3561)

Posted : 07/30/2013 7:13 am

Ya I looked it up and I believe its that! How can I get rid of it?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 07/30/2013 8:19 am

If it is milia, try using a BHA(salicylic acid) topical. Milia is the buildup of dead skin so you need something to exfoliate the skin.

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 07/30/2013 12:48 pm

The best way to get rid of milia is going to a dermatologist for an extration.Other options include chiemical peels.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 08/01/2013 4:24 pm

Yeah my derm said it can be removed with a needle and she would do that if it didn't go away by itself, but that's far too scary for me :D

Try exfoliation like others said :)

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 08/01/2013 4:51 pm

You should've put this in General acne discussion (subforums Blackheads or Mild to Moderate acne) instead of the scar forum, as it's got nothing to do with scars or even hyperpigmentation. The new forum structure is a bit weird, but the scar forum for this kind of a problem is still a bit of a stretch.

Your clogged pores seem fairly deep, so I'd recommend 5% salicylic acid every other day or so (don't put on any inflamed acne/healing skin) or chemical peels. I've heard glycolic acid peels and lactic acid peels are good for clearing deeply clogged pores. I've been meaning to try them myself, but I haven't got around to it yet.