Notifications
Clear all

Chest Acne Or Allergic Reaction? Help!

MemberMember
(@utopiachild71)

Posted : 06/10/2013 11:40 am

Hi I'm new here I'm 25 years old and have had mild to moderate acne for 4 years. I started the regimen about 2 weeks ago. Besides the expected dry flaking red skin, so far it's worked pretty well and I'm very positive this will be work out of me.

That being said I've never had chest or back acne in my life and two days ago I woke up covered in spots on my chest and shoulders. They look like pustules of various sizes only a few have tiny white heads.

The only thing I can think of is that I used a new self tanner -- but why didn't it break me out all over my body not just my chest? Also this breakout occurred not long after I started taking Cod liver oil. I took it again yesterday and today I have double the amount of spots.

I haven't tried any new foods. I am gluten, dairy and wheat free (by choice). I drink a green smoothie with kale and spinach everyday. I have a very clean diet and rarely eat processed foods. I just don't understand why this is happening! Could it be an allergy from the environment?

I am praying that this isn't full blown chest acne out of nowhere : (

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/11/2013 6:01 am

If you had an allergic reaction it would've been on your entire body, not only chest !

MemberMember
(@utopiachild71)

Posted : 06/11/2013 2:58 pm

That was my thought too. Although I think sometimes allergic reactions will show up in the form of a rash on the chest but this just looks like acne pustules. I feel like my body is so pissed that it cant produce acne on my face that it was like "Oh yeah?? How about some chest acne!"

My body is such an asshole to me and I'm so good to it! Can't believe I woke up with like 50 spots all over it's so embarrassing. Just started putting benzoyl peroxide all over with aloe vera. I don't know what else to do I just hope this goes away somehow.

If you had an allergic reaction it would've been on your entire body, not only chest !

MemberMember
(@xesro)

Posted : 06/12/2013 4:14 am

Don't do things by yourself, you can make them even worse ! Just go to a dermatologist and you will know whats going on.

I have made the same mistake with my acne and allergies. I was like " well if I put this it will go away " and it got worse.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 06/25/2013 1:34 am

That was my thought too. Although I think sometimes allergic reactions will show up in the form of a rash on the chest but this just looks like acne pustules. I feel like my body is so pissed that it cant produce acne on my face that it was like "Oh yeah?? How about some chest acne!"

My body is such an asshole to me and I'm so good to it! Can't believe I woke up with like 50 spots all over it's so embarrassing. Just started putting benzoyl peroxide all over with aloe vera. I don't know what else to do I just hope this goes away somehow.

It is probably the cod liver oil

What is your typical daily diet, if you do not mind me asking?