Notifications
Clear all

Multi-Vitamin (Iodine Free) Causing Acne

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/07/2013 7:48 am

Hey all! After having acne since 14 and now being 19 and in college, I'm still...well frustrated! I've taken lots of pills, and done any diets. Right now I am paleo, soaked beans and legumes. However, I just made the insulin, magneisum, chromium, defficency connection, and really think that makes SO MUCH SENSE! But I don't wanna post about it until i'm 100% clear.

My problems:

1.) I cannot for the life of me POOP! I eat so much fiber. Talking atleast 30 grams. Drink water all day! And nada! I'm lucky if I go once very 2 days. I eat so much good stuff, and It has to come out. It's not all getting absorbed. When constipated, it's a vicous toxin cycle, where toxins in your blood steam cuase irritation And acne, and then your body doesn't break down nutrients as much.

2.) I have keratosis pilaris (kp for short) which is permanent goose-bump skin since I was also 14, which I've come to the conclusion has to do with most Vitamin A deficiency and other mineral deficiencies associated witht he absorption of Vitamin A during puberty, because your body goes through a serious period of growth and consumption of vitamins and nutrients that most people dont get these days. Also, the body naturally goes through a heightened state of insulin resistance to help with muscle and bone growth, but with these modern diets that becomes sever and we can't absorb nutrients.

So, I started taking fish oil, magnesium, zinc, and chromium. However, I started to get super weird breakouts, that I have never even gotten before all over my cheeks and on my lower back, and legs, almost hive like things and huge deep painful spots.

I assume it's some detoxing, and constipation, but I also got spots like this when I was taking a multivitamin in college. It's Equate (Walmart brand), Women's One a Day. It has no iodine, and no over 100% of b vitamins. But maybe it's just too much. I'm stopping it right now.

I am also taking Oxy Powder, to get my poop flowing. I have also been MEGA dosing on probiotics! Spent over 100 to get top quality ones. And I really use to be afraid of candida, but don't really think I have it anymore, or even ever had it at all. But nothing! Taking SO many probiotics and still backed up! I just started to Oxy yesterday and since I stopped my multivitamin, i'm excited to see if my skin gets clearer.

I FINALLY found someone to love me! They never really saw me with awful skin, and he has perfect skin. And I will be seeing him in 3 weeks. GOD! Miracles! I just wanna be relatively clear. So I hope this clears. I take pictures of my skin nearly every day! I'll upload some for you guys!

I hope someone chimes in, cause I find people just don't like my posts sad.pngpost-133744-0-40364300-1370608696_thumb.post-133744-0-82293900-1370608711_thumb.

I couldn't even upload all the pictures I wanted. It's so much worse!

post-133744-0-40364300-1370608696_thumb.

post-133744-0-82293900-1370608711_thumb.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 06/07/2013 8:33 am

I would need to see what foods you're regularly eating since a lot of foods are binding and could be causing issues. Besides that, when you are consuming a lot of fiber you also need to make sure you are drinking a lot of water! Avoid caffeine since that dehydrates the body. You could try drinking some grapeseed oil as well, about 2 TBSPs a day and chia seeds work great too. I would stop the probiotics and fish oil for now as well and just try the fiber for awhile. Get some of the natural psyllium husk fiber and mix it into water, it doesn't taste good but it works well. From the pictures it looks like you just have pimples and closed comedones, not KP. KP does not usually affect the face. If it was KP a urea cream could help with that but it really does not look like it to me.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/07/2013 9:06 am

I would need to see what foods you're regularly eating since a lot of foods are binding and could be causing issues. Besides that, when you are consuming a lot of fiber you also need to make sure you are drinking a lot of water! Avoid caffeine since that dehydrates the body. You could try drinking some grapeseed oil as well, about 2 TBSPs a day and chia seeds work great too. I would stop the probiotics and fish oil for now as well and just try the fiber for awhile. Get some of the natural psyllium husk fiber and mix it into water, it doesn't taste good but it works well. From the pictures it looks like you just have pimples and closed comedones, not KP. KP does not usually affect the face. If it was KP a urea cream could help with that but it really does not look like it to me.

Hey girl! Thanks! I could only upload two pics! I have kp on my legs and arms, it's getting so much better since my dad got me green pastures fermented cod liver oil. I had it really bad when I overdosed on Vitamin D (took 50,000 IU a day...couldn't be good). It threw off all my vitamins and minerals.

I eat sardines or tuna almost everyday, or some kind of fish, sladas, green smoothies, curries made of soaked for days and sprouted beans and legumes.

I make rich deep green dishes with okra, spinach, and coconut milk.

I'm gluten, dairy, and process foods free (have been for years)

I eat yucca sometimes, love veggies, and fruits (but limit my fruit intake)

and since being constipated I'm rarely ever hungry, lost my appetite

I like green tea

and I drink at-least 10 cups of water a day

Here is a gallery of my skin since March! Only some pictures since I have to upload each picture one by one and have over 30! http://www.acne.org/messageboard/gallery/album/12976-my-skin-journey-since-march-2013/

I found that cheap Walmart bran fish oil broke me out in strange places, and that the YES to CARROTS face scrub caused me to break out recently...

I also take MSM, apple cider vinegar at-least once a day. I sometimes even have water with lemon. I took some psyllum two days ago...didn't do anything.

MemberMember
(@balance-bird)

Posted : 06/09/2013 1:42 pm

My skin is clearing up! Maybe one day when I am 100% clear I will try that multivitamin again, but...for now fixing my low stomach acid, digestion, and sugar absorption has been working really, really well! Also, using products that are safe, and non-poor clogging, even if they are made for the face, they may not be safe for everyone.