Notifications
Clear all

Doctor Recommendation For Grafts?

MemberMember
(@wantonwonderer)

Posted : 05/11/2013 2:56 pm

Hello. I've been inactive on this site for quite a while but recently have been pursuing scar revision for two depressed scars. I've seen negligible improvement after two sessions of Fraxel Re:pair (CO2 laser) 4-5 years ago, so I'm seeking a treatment that aims to "fill in the holes" first. It seems that punch grafting may be a good option, but I'm having a difficult time locating plastic surgeons/dermatological surgeons that actively and successfully perform this procedure. I live in Utah but am willing to travel to see the right doctor, particularly within the western U.S.

Most of the threads on dermal grafting/punch grafting are very old, so I'm hoping there may be someone who has had this procedure recently who can offer some insight. I know there are certain doctors with bad reputations such as Dr. Swinehart in Denver who performs grating. I've also read about the Berman Gladstone Skin Institute in the Bay Area, but haven't found any reviews from anyone who has had punch grafting performed there. Thanks for any help you guys might be able to provide!

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 05/11/2013 5:44 pm

If it's just two specific scars - wouldn't excision (and then laser after) be a decent option as well?

MemberMember
(@theng)

Posted : 08/30/2013 2:21 am

On 5/12/2013 at 1:56 AM, Wantonwonderer said:

Hello. I've been inactive on this site for quite a while but recently have been pursuing scar revision for two depressed scars. I've seen negligible improvement after two sessions of Fraxel Re:pair (CO2 laser) 4-5 years ago, so I'm seeking a treatment that aims to "fill in the holes" first. It seems that punch grafting may be a good option, but I'm having a difficult time locating plastic surgeons/dermatological surgeons that actively and successfully perform this procedure. I live in Utah but am willing to travel to see the right doctor, particularly within the western U.S.

Most of the threads on dermal grafting/punch grafting are very old, so I'm hoping there may be someone who has had this procedure recently who can offer some insight. I know there are certain doctors with bad reputations such as Dr. Swinehart in Denver who performs grating. I've also read about the Berman Gladstone Skin Institute in the Bay Area, but haven't found any reviews from anyone who has had punch grafting performed there. Thanks for any help you guys might be able to provide!

FYI: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/317164-in-need-of-wisdom-and-advice-for-my-scarring-with-pics/

Hi there, please share with me if you found any information about punch graft. Thanks in advance =)

I found this doctor in taiwan who perform this surgery.

[Removed]

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 08/30/2013 3:07 pm

Here is a doctor in SLC.

http://gatewaylasercenter.com/index.html