Notifications
Clear all

I Picked At My Acne, But Don't Get Acne Scars?

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/11/2013 12:38 pm

Years ago when I had it extremely severe I was pretty young and had no idea what acne scars are. So I sometimes picked at my whiteheads until they bled and let it dry out, but I never got an actual scar/mark left from it? I still occasionally pick at it and it just bleeds and dries out and slowly fades away. Will the scarring all of a sudden appear after my skin is completely clear? Or do some people just not scar?

MemberMember
(@theoneandonly)

Posted : 05/11/2013 12:39 pm

Lol no you are safe. Lucky girl :)

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/11/2013 12:44 pm

Phewwww ! Just wanted to make sure because lately I've been worrying about it.

Do people's scars form when the cyst/pimple is completely gone, during, or just comes out of nowhere?

MemberMember
(@aanabill)

Posted : 05/11/2013 1:09 pm

whiteheads dont really leave scars.its a proper sized pustule or papule that leave scar.

but i'd still say dont pick stuff.

try not touching them at not,unless they itch bad.

MemberMember
(@lillyrose7)

Posted : 05/11/2013 2:51 pm

i have had so much acne in the past, on and off for years and in my entire time dealing with it, i have only ever been left with brownish red marks that fade to red then pink and then disappear. I have one scar which isn't even that deep, but it was big and i picked it and tried to kind of shrink it with some solution and kept picking and it left a small scar but its really not noticeable. consider yourself lucky it will not 'appear'!!!!

MemberMember
(@foundacure)

Posted : 05/11/2013 6:16 pm

You are just extremely lucky. My sister had much worse acne than me- she had about 5 years of severe acne including lots of cysts and she picked at her spots all the time- yet she hasn't got a scar on her face. Me- every spot leaves a scar.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 05/11/2013 6:57 pm

Years ago when I had it extremely severe I was pretty young and had no idea what acne scars are. So I sometimes picked at my whiteheads until they bled and let it dry out, but I never got an actual scar/mark left from it? I still occasionally pick at it and it just bleeds and dries out and slowly fades away. Will the scarring all of a sudden appear after my skin is completely clear? Or do some people just not scar?

From your pictures you posted in april your skin does look like it has some rolling scars though along your jawline, and hyperpigmentation. is that not what your skin looks like?

MemberMember
(@dreamergirl)

Posted : 05/11/2013 8:20 pm

From your pictures you posted in april your skin does look like it has some rolling scars though along your jawline, and hyperpigmentation. is that not what your skin looks like?

Hmm I can see why you'd think that haha. But maybe it's just the lighting in the picture. Because my jawline has faded a bit since that picture and is not that bumpy or indented into my skin. There's no scar from what I can see in the mirror, just hyperpigmentation that is slowly fading. And if there is some along my jawline, it must not be so bad if I never noticed it myself hahah

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 05/11/2013 8:25 pm

I never got scars until I got older. once I turned 30, they started leaving scars. Don't pick at them, and don't assume since they haven't left scars in the past they won't in the future.

MemberMember
(@ughhhhh)

Posted : 05/11/2013 9:08 pm

I never got scars until I got older. once I turned 30, they started leaving scars. Don't pick at them, and don't assume since they haven't left scars in the past they won't in the future.

Yup, never scarred and then I got an extremely bad breakout and everything left scars. I think you will scar easier when you get older.

MemberMember
(@nuby3)

Posted : 05/11/2013 9:40 pm

Yup, never scarred and then I got an extremely bad breakout and everything left scars. I think you will scar easier when you get older.

YEP. that's what happened to me. I was also a picker and then all of a sudden it started leaving scars and by the time realized it, I have a bunch of em now.