Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mazgan

Whats The Best Scar Healing Treatment ?

Recommended Posts

i have some really nasty scarring, like alot of small pits and a few big ones on the cheeks area mainly and less in other areas.

im currency taking a medication which is like accutane (different manifacture) for 3 month already cuz im sick of my acne already suffered from like 14 and now im 20 y/o.

it did very good to the acne that wasnt in my face, but i really am disappointed bout the face cuz it made alot of white stuff thingies to come out and left scars.

right now i have few zits or pimples or whatever u wanna call it, in the face, BUT my real problem is scarring.

im just thinking ahead assuming i wont suffer acne in the face like in a year from now, and then i must do something about all those scars i have cuz i cant live on looking like this.

now i heard theres all sorts of laser treatments, but i the thing is i also heard of radio wave treatment which i think is suppost to be better than laser, but im not sure...

so long story short, i wanna know whats the best treatment for acne scarring (that doesnt invlove putting matrial or plastic surgery).. what is better, the laser or the radio wave thingy or something else?? please dont spare me any details.

im not from the us and english isnt my native language so u will have to exuse me for my english. thanks for the help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2013 at 2:34 AM, panos said:

best treatment for acne scars is subcision

 

For rolling scars, yes. For other types of scars, no. You can try it on other types of scars, but dermal injuries (lasers/dermarolling/rf devices) are considered the best options for the other types of scarring - and out of all those co2 lasers are the "gold standard."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2013 at 3:08 AM, acnescar123 said:
On 2/20/2013 at 2:34 AM, panos said:

 

 

hey, i think most of my scars are ice pick scars ( i might add a photo later ). i just remember reading about how the radio thing is newer and better than the laser, so how come u say laser is still better?? are u really sure about this? and also i read than radio wave thing u get barely any down time and no risk at all, unlike in a deep laser u have small risk there.. could cause pigments and could even scar u, right?? thats what i read but im not 100% about it, tell me what u think cuz u seem knowledgable about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2013 at 1:54 PM, mazgan said:
On 2/20/2013 at 3:08 AM, acnescar123 said:
On 2/20/2013 at 2:34 AM, panos said:

 

For rolling scars, yes. For other types of scars, no. You can try it on other types of scars, but dermal injuries (lasers/dermarolling/rf devices) are considered the best options for the other types of scarring - and out of all those co2 lasers are the "gold standard."

hey, i think most of my scars are ice pick scars ( i might add a photo later ). i just remember reading about how the radio thing is newer and better than the laser, so how come u say laser is still better?? are u really sure about this? and also i read than radio wave thing u get barely any down time and no risk at all, unlike in a deep laser u have small risk there.. could cause pigments and could even scar u, right?? thats what i read but im not 100% about it, tell me what u think cuz u seem knowledgable about this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2013 at 2:12 PM, acnescar123 said:
On 2/20/2013 at 1:54 PM, mazgan said:
On 2/20/2013 at 3:08 AM, acnescar123 said:
On 2/20/2013 at 2:34 AM, panos said:

 

For rolling scars, yes. For other types of scars, no. You can try it on other types of scars, but dermal injuries (lasers/dermarolling/rf devices) are considered the best options for the other types of scarring - and out of all those co2 lasers are the "gold standard."

hey, i think most of my scars are ice pick scars ( i might add a photo later ). i just remember reading about how the radio thing is newer and better than the laser, so how come u say laser is still better?? are u really sure about this? and also i read than radio wave thing u get barely any down time and no risk at all, unlike in a deep laser u have small risk there.. could cause pigments and could even scar u, right?? thats what i read but im not 100% about it, tell me what u think cuz u seem knowledgable about this.

If they're actual ice pick scars neither will help amazingly, but there will be some improvement - just keep your expectations in check & you may need multiple treatments. Depending on how many scars you actually have - you can look into excision as well.

On a per treatment basis the fractional co2 (keep in mind there are many different types of lasers) has better results than rf needling devices (intracel). But yes, like I said the laser has more risks - you need to consult a doctor regarding the risk reward of each.

hey again dude,

i wanna upload some pics so u guys can tell me exactly my type of scarring and help decide the best way to deal with it, how do i upload pics here the easiest way??

i also wanna say that i wouldnt wanna do treatment that involve like injecting matrial or something cuz its not natrual and i just want the maximum natrual healing my skin can get via laser/radio/other..

and also, i wanna know if instead of making 1 hard treatment with a deep laser (co2) with risks of getting even worse (!!!) , wouldnt it be better do many times the radio thing with no risks and eventually get the same results?? how many treatments can be done anyway and do u know why its limited and how its set??

im talking about the total amount and not like per amount of time.. or its unlimited??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2013 at 4:33 AM, mazgan said:
On 2/20/2013 at 2:12 PM, acnescar123 said:
On 2/20/2013 at 1:54 PM, mazgan said:
On 2/20/2013 at 3:08 AM, acnescar123 said:
On 2/20/2013 at 2:34 AM, panos said:

 

For rolling scars, yes. For other types of scars, no. You can try it on other types of scars, but dermal injuries (lasers/dermarolling/rf devices) are considered the best options for the other types of scarring - and out of all those co2 lasers are the "gold standard."

hey, i think most of my scars are ice pick scars ( i might add a photo later ). i just remember reading about how the radio thing is newer and better than the laser, so how come u say laser is still better?? are u really sure about this? and also i read than radio wave thing u get barely any down time and no risk at all, unlike in a deep laser u have small risk there.. could cause pigments and could even scar u, right?? thats what i read but im not 100% about it, tell me what u think cuz u seem knowledgable about this.

If they're actual ice pick scars neither will help amazingly, but there will be some improvement - just keep your expectations in check & you may need multiple treatments. Depending on how many scars you actually have - you can look into excision as well.

On a per treatment basis the fractional co2 (keep in mind there are many different types of lasers) has better results than rf needling devices (intracel). But yes, like I said the laser has more risks - you need to consult a doctor regarding the risk reward of each.

hey again dude,

i wanna upload some pics so u guys can tell me exactly my type of scarring and help decide the best way to deal with it, how do i upload pics here the easiest way??

i also wanna say that i wouldnt wanna do treatment that involve like injecting matrial or something cuz its not natrual and i just want the maximum natrual healing my skin can get via laser/radio/other..

and also, i wanna know if instead of making 1 hard treatment with a deep laser (co2) with risks of getting even worse (!!!) , wouldnt it be better do many times the radio thing with no risks and eventually get the same results?? how many treatments can be done anyway and do u know why its limited and how its set??

im talking about the total amount and not like per amount of time.. or its unlimited??

You can attach them to a post here by clicking my media in the post box and adding them in. You could also upload them to like imgur.com and post them here.

There are permanent injections (silicone or artefill). They're permanent but very difficult to remove if it gives bad results.

There are semi permanent injections (fat grafting).

There are temporary injections - they work as well as the permanent but go away after 3-12months. They can also be easily removed if something happens.

Keep in mind there is the traditional co2 and the fractional co2 - they are two different things. The traditional co2 is quite risky and personally I wouldn't do it. The fractional co2 is much less risky and is an option. If your scars are deep, you'll need 2-3 treatments to get the results you want.

The rf treatments do carry risks, they aren't "no risk." Can you do 100 RF treatments to get the same results of one fractional co2? I have no idea - possibly. Like I said, you have to analyze the risk vs reward of each procedure with your doctor. Depends on your scars + skin tone + other factors that none of use can analyze online.

ps if you're taking accutane - you shouldn't do anything scar wise for 6+ months since you stop taking it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2013 at 5:04 AM, acnescar123 said:
On 2/22/2013 at 4:33 AM, mazgan said:
On 2/20/2013 at 2:12 PM, acnescar123 said:
On 2/20/2013 at 1:54 PM, mazgan said:
On 2/20/2013 at 3:08 AM, acnescar123 said:
On 2/20/2013 at 2:34 AM, panos said:

best treatment for acne scars is subcision

For rolling scars, yes. For other types of scars, no. You can try it on other types of scars, but dermal injuries (lasers/dermarolling/rf devices) are considered the best options for the other types of scarring - and out of all those co2 lasers are the "gold standard."

hey, i think most of my scars are ice pick scars ( i might add a photo later ). i just remember reading about how the radio thing is newer and better than the laser, so how come u say laser is still better?? are u really sure about this? and also i read than radio wave thing u get barely any down time and no risk at all, unlike in a deep laser u have small risk there.. could cause pigments and could even scar u, right?? thats what i read but im not 100% about it, tell me what u think cuz u seem knowledgable about this.

If they're actual ice pick scars neither will help amazingly, but there will be some improvement - just keep your expectations in check & you may need multiple treatments. Depending on how many scars you actually have - you can look into excision as well.

On a per treatment basis the fractional co2 (keep in mind there are many different types of lasers) has better results than rf needling devices (intracel). But yes, like I said the laser has more risks - you need to consult a doctor regarding the risk reward of each.

hey again dude,

i wanna upload some pics so u guys can tell me exactly my type of scarring and help decide the best way to deal with it, how do i upload pics here the easiest way??

i also wanna say that i wouldnt wanna do treatment that involve like injecting matrial or something cuz its not natrual and i just want the maximum natrual healing my skin can get via laser/radio/other..

and also, i wanna know if instead of making 1 hard treatment with a deep laser (co2) with risks of getting even worse (!!!) , wouldnt it be better do many times the radio thing with no risks and eventually get the same results?? how many treatments can be done anyway and do u know why its limited and how its set??

im talking about the total amount and not like per amount of time.. or its unlimited??

You can attach them to a post here by clicking my media in the post box and adding them in. You could also upload them to like imgur.com and post them here.

There are permanent injections (silicone or artefill). They're permanent but very difficult to remove if it gives bad results.

There are semi permanent injections (fat grafting).

There are temporary injections - they work as well as the permanent but go away after 3-12months. They can also be easily removed if something happens.

Keep in mind there is the traditional co2 and the fractional co2 - they are two different things. The traditional co2 is quite risky and personally I wouldn't do it. The fractional co2 is much less risky and is an option. If your scars are deep, you'll need 2-3 treatments to get the results you want.

The rf treatments do carry risks, they aren't "no risk." Can you do 100 RF treatments to get the same results of one fractional co2? I have no idea - possibly. Like I said, you have to analyze the risk vs reward of each procedure with your doctor. Depends on your scars + skin tone + other factors that none of use can analyze online.

ps if you're taking accutane - you shouldn't do anything scar wise for 6+ months since you stop taking it

 
here are some pics i uploaded from my phone, they arent the most accurate (of course tend to show it better than it is in reality =/ ) :
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

so what scars do i have?

about the accutane yeah i know im not gonna treat scars right away, im just thinking ahead so ill know all the details when i decide to do it when i can.

btw, have u done any scar treatment urself?

and which one is more risky - the radio or the fractional co2? which will be better for my scars? and which one is more expensive ?

also, i dont really get how "risky" is it? i mean if theres just a random small chance for something to go wrong what can i do about it?? how can i minimize the risk?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't tried any except invicible scars. I found it worth trying. But what i would like to emphasize majorly upon, would be natural home care. It helps a lot in backing up the effectiveness of the scar treatment cream/ointment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2013 at 7:07 AM, yanagupta said:

Haven't tried any except invicible scars. I found it worth trying. But what i would like to emphasize majorly upon, would be natural home care. It helps a lot in backing up the effectiveness of the scar treatment cream/ointment.

"invicible scars" - huh??? can u explain what kinda treatment is that?? and home care seems very un effective from what ive read about.. and also really a pain to get the proper stuff needed and all..

On 2/22/2013 at 9:25 AM, panos said:

 

dude like i said it looks much better in the picture than it really is in reality!!

and in the link u gave, this dude has one really bad scare, how the hell its similar to me who have 1000 small ones all over the face instead? -_-"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dont buy any cream..they just act at epidermal factor...maybe you should try retin A.

take first some good pictures and then we can tell you..and if you looked better to the thread i posted you could see the amazing results.

it doesnt matter actually if it is ice pick ,rolling,box scar or even big pore ...this technique works for anything depressed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't tried any except invicible scars. I found it worth trying. But what i would like to emphasize majorly upon, would be natural home care. It helps a lot in backing up the effectiveness of the scar treatment cream/ointment.

"invicible scars" - huh??? can u explain what kinda treatment is that?? and home care seems very un effective from what ive read about.. and also really a pain to get the proper stuff needed and all..

It's a scar treatment. It's even hypoallergenic so it's not even harmful to try it. Home care is noneffective if you're not properly doing it that is, doing it without any proper guidance and also without any direct treatment for the scars you have. I don't think it's expensive if you get it done smartly. Get a consultation from a GOOD doctor who will guide you according to your scars. Invicible scars too was recommended to me by a doctor who i consulted for my facial scars long ago. And about home care, i mean proper diet which would include diet supplements for vitamins, including Vitamin C and E, as well as minerals, enzymes, zinc and stuff like that. Hope it helps!

sideways.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×