Notifications
Clear all

Tretinoin And Bp - Ack!

MemberMember
(@wishingformyisland)

Posted : 02/01/2013 2:53 pm

Hello all. I have to say I'm discouraged to be back on this forum. 5 years ago I opened my account because I was having acne issues, and after 6 months, I was able to pretty much clear my skin except for the occasional breakout on my chin. This past summer, however, my face started getting really oily and breaking out again. What's annoying about it is although it's mild acne, it's a slow continual breakout. One pimple will clear just in time for another to pop up. I normally have 4-5 active pimples on my face, with many of them leaving red, purple or brown marks once they finally disappear.

I finally went to the derm 2 1/2 weeks ago, after trying and failing to clear my skin with natural Kiss My Face products, and she prescribed me BP 2.5% in the morning, tretinoin .05% at night and doxycycline 100 mg at night for the inflamed pimples. The first 2 weeks my skin actually started looking better, then once I hit week 3, I got 4 new BIG pimples almost over night. I am feeling pretty discouraged, although I know it takes 12 weeks to see results. I also know weeks 3-6 with the tretinoin tend to cause more breakouts, but I still feel discouraged and worried I will go through all of the this just to have my acne explode and get a lot worse.

Does anyone have any words of encouragement, or stories about how this type of regimen worked for you? I'm just frustrated that every couple of years my acne seems to decide to show up. At 28 I definitely feel stupid to still have breakout issues, when it seems like no one else I know does :(

Slerie liked
MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/01/2013 3:33 pm

i think i have read some people use clindamycin before they apply the trentinon. stick with it and your skin should get better soon and dont feel bad i am 35 and for some unknown reason and having the worst breakouts of my life. it all came out of nowhere too - blah! i just started using differin my skin cannot handle tretinonin. i notice with differin in that its much more gentle and it doesnt break me out like the tretinonin does.