Notifications
Clear all

Question About Antibiotics

MemberMember
(@drewfish01)

Posted : 01/29/2013 6:34 pm

I hear lot of ppl mention how they are put on antibiotics for their acne. What is the name of these antibiotics? Are they usually taken like twice a day?

Is it true if your acne is from the inside, then antibiotics is the solution and not products?

MemberMember
(@forrestgump)

Posted : 02/03/2013 3:30 pm

Common antibiotics subscribed are minocycline and doxycycline.

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and they mainly have less severe side effects

MemberMember
(@naturalog)

Posted : 02/05/2013 9:29 pm

There are many types of antibiotics and I personally have taken two kinds (doxycycline and amoxicillin). Yes, usually you take them twice a day for anywhere from a month to 3 months (prolonged used of antibiotics can be quite dangerous), but of course dosage and type of antibiotic depends on your specific case. For me, the amoxi worked far better than the doxy and my derm explained that the amoxi better targets a specific bacteria that is the cause of MY acne. It all really depends on your specific case and sometimes its trial and error and yes they do not always work. You should most def contact a dermatologist for more information.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 02/06/2013 10:13 am

I've taken Tetralysal for two months now. The good thing about antibiotics is, whilst most people don't stay clear once they come off them, they do get you clear whilst you're on them and you can begin a topical regimen to maintain that clear skin. Probiotics are especially important when you're on antibiotics though. Take the pro in the morning and the anti at night.